Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wbasko
Level 7

YOUTUBE TV not showing up

woke up this morning to my Youtube Tv channel not on my page. Searching for it came up blank as well. Whats up?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: YOUTUBE TV not showing up

@wbasko 

For many months, there has not been a contract between Google and Roku for carrying the YouTube TV app. So, it's not available in the Channel Store. If the app is removed from your device, you may not be able to get it back.

Now, the next question is: was the device actually removed, or is this just some temporary glitch that's keeping it from showing?

If it's the latter, then it may show itself again. I've heard reports of the app temporarily disappearing.

If it's the former -- that can happen if the app is removed from any Roku device on your account -- then you're probably out of luck.

In either case, you can access YouTube TV from the YouTube app. Log in to YouTube on your Roku, then go to the YouTube TV link in the bottom left of the menu. If the YouTube TV app returns (a glitch temporarily making it not show), you can go back to the way things were. If the YouTube TV app was removed from one of your Roku devices, you'll have to keep launching from the YouTube app on Roku until Google and Roku reach an agreement to carry the app again.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos