Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WRKris
Level 7

Xfintiy Stream Beta App crashes on all 3 of my Roku Ultra's

On Friday 2/26/21 the Xfinity Stream Beta app started crashing every time I start it on my Roku Ultra.

All other apps work fine. Roku does’t display any application error code. It just goes back to the home screen.

The crash happens on all 3 of the Roku Ultras I own. 

Has anyone had the same issue.?

How do you suggest I proceed to get the issue resolved?

The Roku Ultra is one of the best streaming boxes I have used. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CathyH
Level 7

Re: Xfintiy Stream Beta App crashes on all 3 of my Roku Ultra's

YES!  I have been going crazy trying to figure this out.  Worked fine on 02/25 on both of my Roku sticks but on 02/26 it would briefly show the Xftinity Stream beta screen and then revert back to the Roku home with no error message.   I have tried everything, including a factory reset of my Roku streaming stick.  

All other apps are working just fine.  And I can use Xfinity stream on my mobile devices AND my newer Samsung smart TV which does not use a Roku device (app loads on the TV) so I know its not my Xfinity account per se.  There must be a language barrier that just popped up.

I'm glad its not just me but feel bad for anyone else having this problem.  

0 Kudos
Tsg915
Level 7

We are having the same issue on 2 Rokus. No issue on streaming app on Firestick. I have done everything suggested. Removed app. Rebooted Roku. Rebooted router. Even did a factory reset of the Roku. Dreading to contact Xfinity to see what they have to say.

0 Kudos
CathyH
Level 7

I explained to Comcast rep and he was unable to help.  transferred me to a different tech who never picked up...sat on hold forever and finally gave up.

0 Kudos
MaryFranco
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thank you for letting us know about the channel issue you are experiencing. 

We're aware of the issue and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.
Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Tyler_i
Level 7

Was there any resolution found to this issue? I have been experiencing the same problem for weeks now and have tried all of the trouble shooting suggestions with no luck. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Tyler_i

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting the channel provider directly to inquire further? If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Xfinity channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos