Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
illini75
Level 7

Xfinity error tvapp-00100

I have 4 working Rokus and 1 that every time i try to get on to the Xfinity app i get the error tvapp-00100.  I have talked to xfinity Repair support and tech support about 6 times and have not be able to get this resolved.  I have tried all the suggestions i can find -  rebooting router, rebooting roku, etc - all with no joy.  The only think i have not done is to uninstall the app because that would uninstall it from all 5 devices and then i might not be able to get it to work with the 4 that work now.  I am extremely frustrated with xfinity because i truly believe the problem is on their end.  Again i think i have tried every suggestion on the Internet but if anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it.

I should probably note that we also use the app on an ipad and have no problems but when i try to go to the xfinity website on my computer and sign on i get error tvapp-00170

Also, i have previously had this roku and this computer signed in to XFINITY.  This started about 2 months ago.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Xfinity error tvapp-00100

You aren't going to like this, but yes, remove the app from the Roku with the issue, then reboot that Roku, then add the app back.

The reboot clears out stuff that might be a problem. But it only does on the device you reboot. It shouldn't clear out the stuff on the other devices.

There's no guarantee that removing the app won't cause issues with the others, as you fear. But you're to the point of remove/reboot/reinstall the app on the device in question.

For what it's worth, it's what I would do if it was me. Or if it was my mother's account with the issue.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
illini75
Level 7

I forgot to mention that i purchased another Roku streaming stick (at the suggestion of XFinity) and when the app downloaded to that new device, i still got the message TVAPP-00100 and it would not connect.

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @illini75 !

A quick google search shows this to be a common error and that XFINITY's Advance Care Department (ACD) may be able to help resolve the issue. You'll need to reach out to XFINITY Customer Support and ask to be escalated to ACD and ask that they log you out of all streaming accounts. This isn't something that you're able to do on your end.

I hope this clears up the issue, and please let us know if it's solved after this is completed.

Here are some threads I was able to find for the error message that you're seeing that add some additional details:

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-stream-website/error-tvapp00170/604cc2a0c5375f08cdb... (see the accepted response)

As this issue is on the channel partner's end, you'll need to reach out to them directly. I hope you're up and running after speaking with them.

-Austin

Happy Streaming!

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
DBDukes

@illini75 

That's a different error code. So, different Roku devices, different errors, same service.

Xfinity is what's in common.

Couple of things to confirm. Are you using the Xfinity Internet service that is on the same Xfinity Account as your Xfinity TV service? That is, your Xfinity Internet and TV service are on the same account, and you are at the location for that account, and using that Xfinity Internet service?

DBDukes

0 Kudos
illini75
Level 7

I have tried three times to get the advanced care department.  I have supposedly been transferred to them each time and they have not been able to solve the problem even though i quoted to them exactly what you recommended in your posting.  I also posted on their facebook account and got a link to the ACD.  I was assured by them i would be helped.  I stayed on that session for over 2 hours and received only 2 comments that indicated that an xfinity person was on the chat.  I gave up after 2 hours.  No help

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@illini75 

Again:

Couple of things to confirm. Are you using the Xfinity Internet service that is on the same Xfinity Account as your Xfinity TV service? That is, your Xfinity Internet and TV service are on the same account, and you are at the location for that account, and using that Xfinity Internet service?

DBDukes

0 Kudos
illini75
Level 7

Yes I am

0 Kudos