Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
llgrubbs
Reel Rookie

Xfinity buffering and stoppage (and other channels too)

I've used Xfinity Stream with ROKU on three TVs (not smart TVs) for at least 3 years and seldom had a problem.  Within the past 2-3 months, Xfinity Stream, Prime and other channels have become increasingly aggravating to use.  The TV repeatedly buffers or freezes when I'm trying to watch a program.  It usually happens with recorded shows but has started to happen with "live" shows.  I get messages like "Attempting to Resume... We've run into a problem while streaming."  "Sorry! Something went wrong. Please try again later. TVAPP-00800" "This video cannot be played. We've run into a problem while streaming. TVAPP-00307" 

This problem is not related to poor internet service, based on speed tests and the strength showing on my cellphone.  The problem isn't related to heavy internet use while trying to watch TV.  We are retired, don't play Call of Duty and seldom have multiple devices in use at the same time.  I've rebooted/refreshed the router/modem numerous times, checked cables...no change.  I went to the nearest Xfinity store a couple of days ago.  The rep immediately decided I had a bad router/modem and gave me a new one.  I installed it, moving it to immediately above the TV that I use most often.  Did that fix the problem?  Of course not.  

I've physically removed the ROKU stick and reinserted it, deleted and reinstalled ROKU, deselected Xfinity Stream and added it back, etc.  I've even yelled at the TV.  Nothing has solved the problem.  Can this be fixed or do I need to switch to HULU or Sling?

**************************************************************************************************

7/28/2021   10:45 PM   So tonight I used the ROKU channel to (try to) watch a movie.  Half way through it sopped, then came back with a screen that said Loading.  I left and had dinner, came back and it had never loaded.  Exited, reopened ROKU Channel, clicked resume and began watching.  Buffer, exit, resume.  Buffer, exit, resume. Etc. Etc. Etc.  No happiness.....

17 REPLIES 17
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Xfinity buffering and stoppage (and other channels too)

@llgrubbs

Thanks for the post.

For more information that those specific error messages that you are experiencing, you'll want to contact Xfinity support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Xfinity support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
llgrubbs
Reel Rookie

Danny, that's the Roku boilerplate answer.  Xfinity has one like it, pointing subscribers to Roku.  And yet the problem has gone on for years, based on the age of related posts in both community forums, and has not been resolved by either Roku or Xfinity.  

Xra

Same issue here.  Just started a few months ago. Tried all the “fixes” suggested for both Roku and Xfinity but to no avail. Very disappointing. 

Winning

Bunk, tec support there never seems to be a problem. 

I too am having buffering problems. I wouldn’t care except I’m paying for subscriptions that I cannot watch

Tomeka1
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issues.  Buffering, same error message.  Started about 2 weeks ago. I suspect it has something to do with the latest Roku update.  Is it possible to go back to the previous version of Roku?  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Tomeka1

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Please provide us the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mpv280

Problem is playing back a recorded video. It plays on the TVs that are using xfinity boxes, but not using Roku. It can play from the beginning, but can't play resuming. Error: The Video Cannot Be Played. Error: TVAPP-00306.

Model 3810X-Roku Streaming Stick+

SN YH00DP676201

SW version 11.00 build 4193-50

Device ID 21309D676201

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

A quick and easy way to resolve buffering issues on the Xfinity stream channel is to restart your device or TV from the menu. I had to do a restart last week on my Westinghouse Roku TV.  

6sense
Reel Rookie

Same exact problem here and taken it further, Searched youtube and internet and performed and replaced every possible device and tried every possible remedy to no avail. replaced cables and contacted xfinity multiple times. They have the new App where you can chat and they try to fix it, My impression they will do anything to keep a Tech from coming out.

Conclusion, It is Xfinity not being able to handle the millions of users and if you want uninterrupted television you have to get the cable to one of their boxes.

Noticed this on channels most Viewed like last night watching the Allstar game , Buffered and buffered again and then again and etc etc.

At the time this started I was a YouTube TV subscriber and believed it had to be my again Modem/Router.

Replaced it and it was the same.

Happens on all 4 TV's with all different style roku devices.

I finally gave up and decided we will have to get cable to one television with their Box for uninterrupted Television.

0 Kudos