Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Whitty_Pie
Level 7

Xfinity beta

Jump to solution

Hello! 
I stream tv through the xfinity beta app. About a week ago, the channels began to display choppy as if it were lagging. My connection to my internet is perfectly fine as well as download speed. I can stream Netflix and others without a problem. I tried disabling the auto adjust display refresh rate and resetting my factory settings. Unfortunately it’s still choppy... 
Oddly enough I can stream cast from my phone with a clear picture, but I would prefer to not always rely on that. 
Any help would be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Xfinity beta

Jump to solution

@Whitty_Pie 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue is still not resolved, you'll want to contact Xfinity support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Xfinity support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Whitty_Pie 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue is still not resolved, you'll want to contact Xfinity support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Xfinity support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
dsidle
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra.  Strong internet connection.  I am switching from ATT TV to Xfinity Beta streaming.  So far, the ATT TV stream seems to be of a significantly higher quality image and less fluctuation in picture quality.  Is this what others have found?  What is the picture quality of Xfinity Beta app?

0 Kudos