Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emcdonald75
Reel Rookie

Re: Xfinity Stream App Does Not Recognize In Home WiFi using Roku Streaming Stick+

Jump to solution

I checked multiple times and the Roku is connected to my in-home Xfinity wifi network. I called Comcast, and both the tech and I deleted the app from Roku, added it back, and restarted the Roku Streaming Stick+ to find it still does not work. We cannot find the problem. I have never experienced this issue before. It was working and then it just stopped to present this error code.

lesmikesell
Roku Guru

Re: Xfinity Stream App Does Not Recognize In Home WiFi using Roku Streaming Stick+

Jump to solution

Does the roku remote control app on your phone see the streaming stick on the network?

0 Kudos
emcdonald75
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The remote 

@lesmikesell wrote:

Does the roku remote control app on your phone see the streaming stick on the network?

Yes. I just checked. The streaming stick is present on the Roku remote control app. That's why I don't understand the problem. I have never had an issue until now.

0 Kudos
lesmikesell
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The only thing I can think of is that your modem is somehow not matching a comcast account that has TV services.  Maybe it has been swapped and not updated or something.    If you look though the 'my account' part of your xfinity web login, does your modem serial number match what you actually have?  And do you have TV service on this same account?

0 Kudos
ChristinaL
Channel Surfer

Re: Xfinity beta error TVAPP-00101

Jump to solution

I’ve been dealing with this since I moved 2 years ago. I tried ALL the new 2020 posted fixes and it’s STILL not working. My account has “no devices listed” supposedly because I own my modem. It’s older but has the exact same specs as a newer numbered Motorola modem Comcast has listed as approved. Internet works fine - WiFi works fine.  I feel like they are just giving me the run around so I get a modem through them. 

0 Kudos
Nell

Jump to solution

I am having this same issue and error message. I bought my first Roku in July for one tv and another one a week ago for another tv. I switched from Xfinity cable box to internet (Gateway) only with Xfinity Streaming only, I have been able to access the live stream fine until yesterday and then this error message came up on both tv's. I called Xfinity today and the rep told me that there was an update yesterday and the two Roku stick models I have are not compatible with Xfinity Live stream anymore. Is this true?? That means I have wasted $80.00. I am finding that a little concerning if it is true because how would you know what model number will be outdated at any time. I just bought the one a week ago. I have tried some of the fixes listed on this blog but so far have not been able to get the issue resolved.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

For information about that error code, you can visit Xfinity's support page here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tvapp00101

For further assistance, we would recommend reaching out to Xfinity. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Xfinity support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ChristinaL
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you to the community poster who used the word “deprovisioned”. After 2.5 years and numerous calls to Comcast, all 3 of my Roku 4K TVs (all under 4 years old) now have working streaming apps since I asked to talk to an advanced tech and used the keyword. They said it could happen again if I get a new modem; however copious notes have made on my account so it should be reconnected easily if there is a disruption. FINALLY!

coloduck

Jump to solution

Hey Roku, we are tired of this same old answer. 

mpmd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've had this problem a couple of times in the past. This time after trying Xfinity support. They messed with modem settings etc. with no results. I deleted the Xfinity Bata Ap and reinstalled it and it did not fix anything. This morning I logged in to my Xfinity account, selected settings and linked my account by adding my street address.

Wala Ta Da

Hope it works for you.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/switching-between-multiple-accounts

0 Kudos