Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TechyMimi

Re: Xfinity beta error TVAPP-00101

Jump to solution

The fix for me was to to assign my Roku device to the Gateway using the xfinity app on my Iphone.  Log into the app, tap the Internet icon at the bottom of the screen, tap your modem under devices, tap change Wifi Settings Using xFi, tap your network device name, tap Gateway under network devices, scroll down to see all your connected devices.  When I got this far, it was showing the Roku stick under connected devices as being unassigned.  I tapped it and was able to assign it on the next screen by tapping it and assigning to Household.  (It gave me two choices as where to assign it - to Household or Guest.)  It now shows up as assigned under my devices using the MAC address assigned to my Gateway modem.  I was then immediately able to launch the Xfinity app on my TV and connect using the 6 digit code.  No more error messages!

Bborcky

Jump to solution

After the First Xfinity rep completely destroyed my mesh network and took 2 hours to get it somewhat back, the second one I spoke to helped fix the issue. I was getting the same screen. This is what the issue was.

If you have multiple Comcast accounts, (such as a vacation home/student campus/etc,) and you have emails attached to the another accounts it’s a toss up where they think the address is and it may think you’re not at that IP address trying to stream. So it gives you that screen.  You need to find an email address that is only identified with that specific account at the physical location you want to stream. Make sure to Sign out of Comcast web site in the phone or computer browser (it saves your sign in even when you close the page) and close out of the browser you intend to use. Delete and reinstall the Xfinity Stream Beta App. When it prompts you to go to the we. Site to enter the code, make sure you sign in with the user name specific to that physical address account.  From there it should work perfect. We set up a second one in no time after we figured out the problem. You’d think they would have some kind of knowledge share since this couldn’t have been the first time this happened. Anyway- good luck. 

Bagogas

Jump to solution

This last item seems to be the key.  We had the same problem as everyone else on this forum, but when given the six digit number to key in for activation, I was connecting to my Xfinity account via my alternate email address (personal address).  Every indication (mostly thanks to the "success!" message and positive reaction of the Roku app) is that this works.  It does NOT.  

You must log into Xfinity with your primary account (for me, that was simply our <user>@comcast.net address).  When authorizing the app through that login, it worked perfectly well.

This is not a problem with your network, your configuration or your Roku.  It is, however, a problem residing with Xfinity, and an internal error with how it handles your identity and service authorization.  Until Xfinity repairs this logic flaw, the solution is to make sure that you log in with whatever your primary account address is.

0 Kudos
eric1384

Jump to solution

Took 5 minutes. Go on xfinity chat, do not bother with the first representative. I said "I read on a blog this error is caused by identity confusion and the advance technical team can solve immediately." They transferred me to the Advanced Tech Team and the problem was solved right away. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Space_Cowboy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I guess you got lucky with the Xfinity Advanced Repair Team.  I've talked to them 3 different times and they still haven't resolved the issue.

The beta app first stopped working on one Roku one day, then the app stopped working on the other Roku the next day.  So frustrating.

0 Kudos
RaptorZ281
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

same here i called Xfinity, they said it was the ROKU, b/c I could log on using my iphone with the app.

0 Kudos
Space_Cowboy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It ended up being Comcast.  Some brilliant person on their end somehow deprovisioned my modem.  If this issue persists with you, call Comcast and tell them to reprovision your modem.

0 Kudos
Alalien

Jump to solution

Yes I have 2 roku devices on 2 TVs, both did everything yours did. I tried all the fixes had a third roku stick brand new installed it and everything works went out and bought 2 new roku sticks both TVs working good had called xfinity several times they tried telling me my modem was not getting a full signal strange the new ones run fine on that modem

0 Kudos
emcdonald75
Reel Rookie

Xfinity Stream App Does Not Recognize In Home WiFi using Roku Streaming Stick+

Jump to solution

I receive error code TVAPP-00101, which says that "This device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity Wifi." I am using my in-home WiFi and every other phone, tablet and even my Samsung TV Xfinity Stream App recognizes Xfinity as my in-home WiFi, but the Roku Device does not. This is the first time I have experienced this issue on my Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810R. Please help.

0 Kudos
lesmikesell
Roku Guru

Re: Xfinity Stream App Does Not Recognize In Home WiFi using Roku Streaming Stick+

Jump to solution

Roku is the only device where the xfinity stream app is required to be on the in-home xfinity network - other devices may restrict the channels but they will work.   Be sure that you really are on your xfinity wifi router's network, not a guest or firewalled extension from some other router.

0 Kudos