Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LaneyK
Reel Rookie

Xfinity beta error TVAPP-00101

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra. After adding the Xfinity app and going through the sign in/activation step, I am taken to a screen that reads: Welcome!  This device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity Wifi. I have top-tier internet through Xfinity, as well as an Xfinity cable subscription. My Roku is connected to my home wifi with no connectivity issues, all other apps work fine. I use the Stream app on my phone without issue. I have tried resetting my modem, router, Roku, as well as uninstalling and re-installing the app many times. Has anyone else had this problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Xfinity beta error TVAPP-00101

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

For information about that error code, you can visit Xfinity's support page here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tvapp00101

For further assistance, we would recommend reaching out to Xfinity. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Xfinity support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
54 REPLIES 54
Anh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. Have done the same things to my TV/Xfinity modem. I’m completely hopeless at this point.

0 Kudos
CWM4107
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was fine until two days ago and then started getting the error TVAPP-00101.  I have been on the phone with Comcast for about 2 hours troubleshooting but they are unable to figure out why I am not able to connect.  I have the issue on both a Roku Express and a Roku Ultra.  Both are connect to my Xfinity home network.

Very Frustrating.

Anh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It was the same for me as well. I am wondering if ROKU had a system update that isn’t compatible with xfinity app

0 Kudos
esj822

Jump to solution

I’ve had the same problem with my Roku and Firestick, I think it’s on xfinity end of things...

0 Kudos
Rhett922

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue. It was working fine and now nothing. I miss regular tv and I didn’t buy the tv to have to hook something up to the tv to watch normal channels. PLEASE HELP

0 Kudos
CWM4107
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The fix for me was that Comcast did not have the configuration on the modem that I purchased correctly matched to the MAC address.  They corrected the MAC address on their end and the issue was resolved.  

Anh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you, I will reach out to them for them to resolve. 

0 Kudos
LaneyK
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you!

0 Kudos
itowedu

Jump to solution

did not fix issue still unable to connect to xfinity

0 Kudos