Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sardinasa

Re: Xfinity beta error TVAPP-00101

Jump to solution

After some research Xfinity seems to have caught on to folks sharing accounts for the sake of streaming.

If you are having the following issue TVAPP-00101

Confirm that your Roku is on the same network as the Xfinity on the same account.
Example. I have tested that you cannot take a Roku/Stream App tied to Account A and place it on a network with Account B.

This will result in TVAPP-00101

ONLY Roku/Stream App tied to Account A will work on Network with Cable modem tied to Account A.

Hope this helps.

*** Also if your like me and have two internet service provides make sure the following destination go out via your Comcast connection *.comcast.net, and *.xcal.tv

0 Kudos
gjgtx1987

Jump to solution

Just went through this issue and got it solved after 2 hours on the chat/phone/telgram with xfinity. Oddly enough, my xfinity stream worked fine for 2-3 days then stopped. The issue was that I had recently moved addresses and my modem was still tied to the old location. This was happenening somehow despite the fact that I had canceled my service and activated the modem at my new house. Either way, Xfinit support hot potato-ed me for multiple hours before they found a way to disconnect my old service and remove the modem from that address. Once it got showing for only my new location it worked like a charm.

0 Kudos
l3link

Jump to solution

After struggling with this for an annoying amount of time.  Two things I recommend.

Actually uninstall the Xfinity stream app by removing the channel and then hard restart the tv.  This is the only way to clear the cache which if you had a previous account on the app needs to be done.

Just unplug it, reinstall the app and relink.  

0 Kudos
vgzprt

Jump to solution

I waisted so much time with level 2 at xfinity with no positive outcome. After reading your post I called and told the tech to provisionise my modem. So he deleted my modem and then re-submitted my modem in the system. And the Romulo xfinity app is back on line.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

0 Kudos
ChristinaL
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That’s great to hear. Let me know if it lasts more than 24 hours. Mine didn’t and I have given up. Once this covid mess is over I’m cutting the cord. 

0 Kudos
nkhan909
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes Roku, I chatted with your support and they simply ended the chat because they did not have the answer.  One of the reason for buying Roku was that you claim to have Xfinity Beta Stream but if it doesn't work, it is false advertising. It only work when you have both Xfinity Internet Service as well. Now, xfinity does not force customers to buy their internet service but you are, weird and something fishy. Xfinity Stream works on my Fire Tv. If you can't make it work, remove the app and stop advertising incorrectly.

If you can't fix it soon, I will switch to Fire Tv, Xfinity and all other apps work fine on Fire tv. Thanks

0 Kudos
nkhan909
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

False advertising by Roku.  I chatted with Roku support and they simply ended the chat because they did not have the answer.  One of the reasons for buying Roku was that you claim to have Xfinity Beta Stream but if it doesn't work, it is false advertising. It only works when you have both Xfinity Internet Service as well. Now, Xfinity does not force customers to buy their internet service but you are, weird and something fishy here. Xfinity Stream works on my Fire Tv. If you can't make it work, remove the app and stop advertising incorrectly.

If you can't fix it soon, I will switch to Fire Tv, Xfinity and all other apps work fine on Fire tv.

Update the dated interface to. have horizontal tiles, everyone has it these days.

I Liked the Roku Ultra, seemed like good hardware but your software will fail your service. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
jtorok

Jump to solution

Was having this issue on roku tv when trying to use xfinity stream app. Recently received new modem and set it up myself. The new modem was not showing up on my xfinity account. I chatted with advanced tech team on the app and used the ‘reprovision’ term that I saw in this thread. Agent had the new modem activated within minutes and xfinity stream app now works. 

0 Kudos
ChristinaL
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Glad it worked for you. Mine stops working after 24 hours and I have given up. Hope it sticks!

0 Kudos
Boss4eva

Jump to solution

I had the same issue my problem was I had 2 different services.. so I had to separate the two by setting separate password and change my usernames you need to call customer care at xfinity and tell them your error code you must go to advanced technical support regular customer support will not help.. Goodluck 

0 Kudos