Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Xfinity beta and two locations

I use the Xfinity beta streaming app with my Roku account. I have one account but have a Roku device in two separate locations, each using a different Xfinity account. It seems like the Xfinity app only works in the "home" location and will not work in the second location.  Is there a way to use the app in two separate locations with the same Roku account?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Xfinity beta and two locations

What do you mean by two locations? Two places in the same building? Or two different buildings? If different buildings, are the both connected to xfinity internet?

"Can I take my Partner Device to my friend's house, hotel or vacation home and access the Xfinity Stream app?
No. The Xfinity Stream app will only work if the device is connected to your Xfinity Internet in-home network through Ethernet or WiFi. If you'd like to access your favorite content when you're not connected to your Xfinity in-home network, you can use the Xfinity Stream portal online or the Xfinity Stream app on your smartphone, tablet, or computer and watch your recordings and available content over the Internet".

Source: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-stream-beta-app-faqs
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have a Roku stick in two homes - regular home and vacation home, both linked to the same account.  I have an Xfinity account in both homes.  The Xfinity app was set up in regular home and works great.  However it will not work when I try to access it at vacation home.  It tells me I need to be on the home network which presumably is the network at regular home. So perhaps for vacation home I need to sign out of the app and then sign back in with the vacation home xfinity network info?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@jkass 

Thanks for the note.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact [specific channel] support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Xfinity support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I’m having the same problem at my vacation home. We’re paying two separate bills so it should work 

Highlighted
Level 8

Same thing is happening to me now.  Called Xfinity, they said contact Roku.  It's been a huge waste of time, so disappointed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Xfinity chat agent is merging my two accounts. I was told, "Yes, It should recognize your account. It will give you a drop-down option to select service address and accordingly you can select address with same username." 

1.Sign in to My Account.

2.Click your account number on the top right of the Overview page. Then, select the account you wish to see.

3.Try this article it will help you with detailed steps:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/switching-between-multiple-accounts

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

wound up not working for me...had to create a separate account...Xfinity rep helped via online chat.

Highlighted
Level 7

Wait, did you have to create a different roku account or merely unlink your comcast accounts? I'm having the same problem. I recently moved into a new place, in a new state--separate xfinity accounts--and am getting the same error message, even though i "selected" my current home account at login. I'm a bit annoyed because the other account was supposed to deactivated anyway.

0 Kudos