Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Xfinity app simply stopped working

Jump to solution

Mom got new Roku TV for Christmas. She has Comcast Internet and using Google WiFi. Her primary app, Xfinity, worked fine, for about 6 weeks, then stopped. The Xfinity app spends as much time "initiating" as you would like to wait.

I also run the app on my phone and at my house. At Mom's, my phone app will not work while on her wifi, but does when I disconnect and go to mobile data. My app at home, also Comcast Internet, but not Google WiFi, works fine.

Anyone heard of a similar problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Xfinity app simply stopped working

Jump to solution

@Dmorganhenley 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Xfinity directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Xfinity channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Dmorganhenley 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Xfinity directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Xfinity channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

All 4 of my Rokus have the same issue. Xfinity app stopped working. Xfinity stream app works on other platforms though so the breakdown seems to be on the Roku end. After much time talking with xfinity they also agree that this is a Roku or interface issue. Hope it gets fixed soon. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Benlillie16 Thanks for getting in touch. Are other channels working normally on your device, such as YouTube, Netflix, The Roku Channel, etc.?

If so, this indicates that the issue you're experiencing most likely relates to that specific channel, and/or its services. Any app running on one type of device, would not be the same app that runs on other devices. (e.g. Android versus iOS) Each app is developed independently for each operating system that a particular device runs. Due to this, comparing the functionality of apps across different devices or operating systems wouldn't be relevant. 

Xfinity develops their own channel (app) for the Roku platform. If you are encountering an issue using their channel, you'll want to contact their support team to report the issue and request more help.

As a reminder, Xfinity requires their customers to be using an Xfinity internet connection, and have the additional streaming service added on to their subscription, in order to use their Xfinity Stream app/channel on devices such as a Roku. 

You can reach Xfinity customer support here: 1 (800) 934-6489 or online at: https://www.xfinity.com/support/

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Tanner,

thanks for the follow up. All 4 rokus work fine otherwise. Netflix, amazon, and a few other apps I use. I’m an xfinity customer already and have been streaming in my roku’s for probably over a year now. Something happened recently to mess up the interface. I’ve spoken to xfinity multiple times and their stance is it’s on Roku’s end. I hope the two can get together and work out the glitch as it is quite frustrating. Someone’s update messed something up. Xfinity customer service is poor so I don’t have high hopes that this is fixed soon. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Benlillie16 Have you tried these steps, in order: 

1. Remove the Xfinity Stream Beta channel from the Roku home screen. 

2. Unplug your Xfinity modem/router from power for a full minute, then plug it back in. 

3. Once your modem/router fully reboots, on your Roku, go to Setting>System>System restart, and restart your Roku device. 

4. Once your device starts up again, go to 'Streaming channels', and install the Xfinity Stream app once more. 

Go through the authorization process once more. If you are still seeing an issue, it's likely something related to the authorization of your account, your account entitlements which allow access to the streaming service, or an issue with data transmission. You might ask them to review your account entitlements, reset your modem/router or reauthorize it in their systems, etc. I've even heard of some people needing to have a brand new account created from scratch, and reactivate all their current services in order to resolve these types of more complex issues. I'm sorry I don't have more to offer, but I'd recommend following up with them again, and continue to request more help and additional investigation of your account and/or service. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I cannot get "live" channels to work on my Roku model 3920. Have 4 boxes - all worked for almost a year and this week nothing. All other stuff working. Spend 30 minutes with xfinity support to no avail. Reset Roku, deleted and reinstalled Xfinity Stream app, restarted, etc.

Get "This video cannot be played. We're run into a problem while streaming. (Error .DRM -2). 

Any thoughts - Xfinity is stumped.

0 Kudos