Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmarkcobb
Level 8

Xfinity Streaming app Issues

Often when I select a channel to view from either all channels OR favorites, I get the channel icon displayed and the three dots under it showing it is trying to tune it. Often, it keeps doing that and will not tune in the channel. I then have to hit the back key and try it again where it will often go immediately to the channel. I have ruled out low wifi strength as I have tested it so it appears to be either a ROKU issue or an app issue. I use both streaming stick and streaming stick plus and get the same results. There is a solid wall between the router and stick, but signal still shows excellent. What could be the problem?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Wiremonkey87
Level 7

Re: Channel change failures with Xfinity Streaming app

I'm having the same issue. Uninstalled the app. factory reset the roku nothing seems to work.

0 Kudos
Churros
Level 7

Xfinity beta only showing what has been purchased

I have downloaded the app when trying to get the live channel’s nothing comes out only what I have purchase. It doesn’t show anything else?

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@jmarkcobb @Churros @Wiremonkey87 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Xfinity support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Xfinity support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jmarkcobb
Level 8

I have posted this issue on the Xfinity App's community board in hopes of a response (before I call xfinity).

Wiremonkey87
Level 7

I did and tried uninstalling and reboot and reinstalled. Still nothing...
0 Kudos