Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zamaje
Level 7

Xfinity Streaming Beta App is stuck between 'Purchases' and 'Settings'

Hello,

My Xfinity Streaming Beta App does not properly display live T.V. viewing options. When I try to use the channel, I get the message "You haven't purchased anything. Unfortunately, you can't buy shows and movies on this app yet. But, if you have an XFINITY TV Box, you can buy there and watch here anytime." It seems to me that I am stuck on a 'Purchases' tab but unable to go back to a 'Home' tab. In fact, on the Roku remote, the star burst button that usually goes to a 'Settings' tab does go to the 'Settings' tab and when pressed, switches and denotes that if pressed again will redirect to the 'Purchases' tab. So all in all, it seems my Xfinity Streaming Beta App is stuck between 'Purchases' and 'Settings'.

The usual troubleshooting methods (turn off, sign out, uninstall, turn off & unplug) have been tried, on my own, and after contacting Comcast about the issue. Comcast has, on their end, reset my modem and whatever else they have to reset over there. 

I have contacted Comcast about this issue and they have explained to me that I should try to come to Roku to fix the issue.

Both my Rokus have been through troubleshooting and are afflicted by this issue:
3900X - Roku Express (8.1.0 | Build 4500-51EDIT: (9.0.0 | Build 4072-51)
4630X - Roku Premiere+ (8.10. | Build 4159-29)

Both devices are connected to my home network provided by Comcast.

I can currently access the Live TV streams through my cellphone Xfinity app, desktop browser, and Comcast provided cable box.
I have the X1 TV package.

I have created another thread in the Comcast forums and will provide the link so when this gets resolved, others who have this issue can find the solution.
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-S ... -p/3164257

EDIT: The Roku Express was outdated but I updated it, reinstalled the channel, and still have the same issue. The Roku Premiere+ is up to date.
EDIT: Added Comcast TV Package (X1) and avenues of access.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Xfinity Streaming Beta App is stuck between 'Purchases' and 'Settings'

"Zamaje" wrote:
Hello,

My Xfinity Streaming Beta App does not properly display live T.V. viewing options. When I try to use the channel, I get the message "You haven't purchased anything. Unfortunately, you can't buy shows and movies on this app yet. But, if you have an XFINITY TV Box, you can buy there and watch here anytime." It seems to me that I am stuck on a 'Purchases' tab but unable to go back to a 'Home' tab. In fact, on the Roku remote, the star burst button that usually goes to a 'Settings' tab does go to the 'Settings' tab and when pressed, switches and denotes that if pressed again will redirect to the 'Purchases' tab. So all in all, it seems my Xfinity Streaming Beta App is stuck between 'Purchases' and 'Settings'.

The usual troubleshooting methods (turn off, sign out, uninstall, turn off & unplug) have been tried, on my own, and after contacting Comcast about the issue. Comcast has on their end reset my modem and whatever else they have to reset over there. 

I have contacted Comcast about this issue and they have explained to me that I should try to come to Roku to fix the issue.

Both my Rokus have been through troubleshooting and are afflicted by this issue:
3900X - Roku Express (8.1.0 | Build 4500-51)
4630X - Roku Premiere+ (8.10. | Build 4159-29)

Both devices are connected to my home network provided by Comcast.

I will create another thread in the Comcast forums and link the two together so when this gets resolved, others who have this issue can find the solution.

What Comcast/Xfinity TV package do you have?
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Zamaje
Level 7

"DBDukes" wrote:
"Zamaje" wrote:
Hello,

My Xfinity Streaming Beta App...

What Comcast/Xfinity TV package do you have?

I have the X1 TV Package. Prior to this issue, I had no trouble using the Xfinity Streaming App and used it frequently. I am also able to access it through my cellphone's app, Comcast provided cable box, and desktop web browser.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"Zamaje" wrote:
I have the X1 TV Package. Prior to this issue, I had no trouble using the Xfinity Streaming App and used it frequently. I am also able to access it through my cellphone's app, Comcast provided cable box, and desktop web browser.

That is odd. I have a very limited package -- local channels only -- along with my Internet service. The Xfinity app works for me.

Try this, ensuring it's in this order: 1) Remove the app. 2) Reboot the Roku. 3) Add the app again.

You may have done those steps, but they must be in that order to be effective. Not saying it'll solve your problem, but that is a step to check off.
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Zamaje
Level 7

"DBDukes" wrote:
"Zamaje" wrote:

That is odd. I have a very limited package -- local channels only -- along with my Internet service. The Xfinity app works for me.

Try this, ensuring it's in this order: 1) Remove the app. 2) Reboot the Roku. 3) Add the app again.

You may have done those steps, but they must be in that order to be effective. Not saying it'll solve your problem, but that is a step to check off.

Thank you for that suggestion. I did in fact try that after I typed up the post but before I posted because I couldn't remember if that had been done or not. I was really hoping that it hadn't been tried yet so it would work. It did not work.

I see you're in Georgia. I know that while on the phone with Comcast they said that my area (Houston) was hit with an outage of their app. They didn't specify why. Short version of my story is that the tech that was sent out told me to go to Roku. I've been at this with Comcast for a couple of days. I'm getting discouraged and beginning to think that the 'Beta' denotation means they updated their app and introduced a bug that isn't going to get fixed for some time (this has been an issue for me since November 13th).
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"Zamaje" wrote:
I see you're in Georgia. I know that while on the phone with Comcast they said that my area (Houston) was hit with an outage of their app. They didn't specify why. Short version of my story is that the tech that was sent out told me to go to Roku. I've been at this with Comcast for a couple of days. I'm getting discouraged and beginning to think that the 'Beta' denotation means they updated their app and introduced a bug that isn't going to get fixed for some time (this has been an issue for me since November 13th).

It's been in Beta for months. Maybe years. I don't recall when it was launched, but 2015 comes to mind. So, it's working for me like it's worked since that time. I'm watching it right now in fact. It could be something in your area.
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
dodge3833
Level 7

Did you ever find a solution? I have 3 different Roku's and all work but one??? And its doing the same as what you are saying. Cant seem to find anything online so far????? Any Help
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"dodge3833" wrote:
Did you ever find a solution? I have 3 different Roku's and all work but one??? And its doing the same as what you are saying. Cant seem to find anything online so far????? Any Help

You did the whole Remove the app, Reboot the Roku, Reinstall the app -- in that order -- and still have an issue?
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Zamaje
Level 7

Hello!

I am saddened to report that I did not fix the issue. The issue was only fixed with time, which I am assuming means that either Roku or Xfinity had to push a patch out.
0 Kudos