Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark12547
Roku Guru

Xfinity Stream won't view two channels

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra 4800X and the Xfinity Stream app version 6.8 build 0.

Problem:

• Xfinity channel 302 used to be MeTV and worked fine on the Roku, PC, and Xfinity DVR. But on September 1 the local ABC broadcast affiliate changed 2.2 from MeTV to CHARGE! TV, so a day later I could view 302 (now CHARGE! TV) just fine on the Xfinity TV but any attempt to view it on the Roku or PC comes up with "Subscribe" rather than let me view it.
  • A different broadcast station started carrying MeTV and on or before September 16 Xfinity added it to the lineup (Xfinity channel 1156). Since then, just like CHARGE! TV, I can view and record it on the Xfinity DVR, but comes up "Subscribe" when I attempt to view it on the Roku and the PC.

Xfinity tech support has "fixed" the problem many times, just to have the problem back the next day.

Xfinity tech support asked me to see if there might be a Roku issue that could be affecting just these two channels.

So, is anyone aware of any issues with the Roku that might affect the ability of the Xfinity Stream App to handle recently updated/added channels?

Thank you!

(My gut feeling is that since the problem occurs on both the Roku and the PC, it isn't a Roku-specific issue, but it's easier to dance through the Tech Support hoops than to fight it.)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mark12547
Roku Guru

Re: Xfinity Stream won't view two channels

Jump to solution

Xfinity fixed the problem a two or three days after a second level support person ended up submitting a ticket for the head-in.

My speculation is that the two channels were misconfigured at their end and they straightened it out at their end once the message got to them.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Mark12547

Thanks for reaching out!

You can try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue

Please keep us posted if there's any difference after.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Mark12547
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Xfinity fixed the problem a two or three days after a second level support person ended up submitting a ticket for the head-in.

My speculation is that the two channels were misconfigured at their end and they straightened it out at their end once the message got to them.

0 Kudos