Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jobeind
Level 7

Xfinity Shows Listings But Black Screen Appears When Viewing Channel

Jump to solution

Hi, I have installed a roku stick a few weeks ago and all has been working well until today. While I can access all my other apps, netflix, hulu etc., when I try to access the xfinity app It shows me the guide listing of all the channels available and when I click on a specific program it does show me the explanation of what the program is but when a push the watch button all I get is a black screen. My Comcast cable Box is working perfectly and I have tried resetting and restarting the roku stick without any success.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Xfinity Shows Listings But Black Screen Appears When Viewing Channel

Jump to solution

Thanks for the note here. We're aware that the Xfinity Stream Beta is currently experiencing a service issue, and are working them to help find a resolution. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/360006462593

Please feel free to contact Xfinity support to report the issue, get support, or request any status updates. You can reach them here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

I'll provide any further updates here as they become available. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies
helmut
Level 7

Comcast Channel

Jump to solution

Apparently the Comcast streaming channel is not working on any of my Roku devises.  

Any insight yo what my problem is?

helmut

0 Kudos
alott11
Level 7

Re: Xfinity Beta App Issues

Jump to solution
Now it's not working on any device. Error message 160000
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Xfinity Beta App Issues

Jump to solution

@alott11 wrote:
Now it's not working on any device. Error message 160000

Just remember that they do call it a beta. But my past experience with the cable company (it's changed names several times since then, but they still seem to act the same) is they only care about the customer when enough people complain. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for the note here. We're aware that the Xfinity Stream Beta is currently experiencing a service issue, and are working them to help find a resolution. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/360006462593

Please feel free to contact Xfinity support to report the issue, get support, or request any status updates. You can reach them here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

I'll provide any further updates here as they become available. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Jobeind
Level 7

Re: xfinity app shows listings but black screen appears when i choose a chann

Jump to solution

thanks for the info

0 Kudos
alott11
Level 7

Jump to solution
Now they are saying it a outage
0 Kudos
chrisf_12
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for the update. 

0 Kudos
chrisf_12
Level 7

Jump to solution

My Xfinity Stream Beta channel is now working - was experiencing the same black screen issue described.

alott11
Level 7

Jump to solution
Mines just came on
0 Kudos