Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ctittle

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta app not working, error 500

Jump to solution

Highlight the app and hit the * on the roku remote.  Click on check for updates and let that run.  That fixed my issue. 

jcerjak

Jump to solution

how do I fix this

0 Kudos
RhL1

Jump to solution

My Xfinifty App keeps sending and Error Code of 500. Has this been fixed any next steps?? 

0 Kudos
DarthDagger
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

500 error is a server error. Either they have global issues, an issue with a server that you have a sticky session on, or your app is the wrong version.

0 Kudos
Harley5775
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

While getting this error I also noticed I couldn't login to Xfinity's web portal.  I've seen the latter before and rebooted the modem to fix the login issue.  This time rebooting my modem fixed the Xfinity Login issue AND fixed the Roku Xfinity Stream issue.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I unplugged my Roko Then shut down the Internet. I turn the Internet back on waited for it to boot up then plug the Roku back in and it worked perfectly!!

0 Kudos
dwskid

Jump to solution

the reboot of the router fix the issue for me... thanks

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I had the same error message and this worked for me... I have several Roku Sticks/Express units

Unplug your Roku (Power)

Unplug your Router (power cord) wait 10-15 seconds

Power the Router back up, make sure the connection is on all the way (solid lights)

then Plug the Roku, back up 

make sure you have internet and the App should work 

Enjoy... 

0 Kudos
LaJulissa
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had the same issue and none of these solutions worked! I found a solution in xfinity community forum where you disconnect the cable from the back of your modem and unplug it for a few mins then start it up again. It worked for me...

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Error-500/m-p/3348753/thread-id/27119

0 Kudos
bcathey13

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta app not working, error 500 - fix

Jump to solution

Uninstalling the Xfinity Streaming app on your I phone then reinstalling it worked.  Have you Roku TV on  when you put in the activate code and it goes to the Xfinity Beta app immediately.  That is the fix for the 500 code!  It worked!   

The Xfinity Beta app has to be authorized to work on a streaming TV!

0 Kudos