Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helioza

Re: Xfinity Beta app no longer supported

Jump to solution

For anyone finding this topic in 2022 or later, the Xfinity Beta app is working now with Roku. I have a Streambar with an older TV that doesn't have the optical connection for getting sound from Xfinity to the Roku. So I use the Xfinity beta app on the Roku to get Xfinity programming with full sound from the soundbar. 

The app takes some time to learn to use it with the Roku remote. The Xfinity page "Navigating the Xfinity Stream Beta App on Roku" contains misinformation. In several places it talks about a "Right Arrow" which doesn't exist on the remote. Note that this is not referring to the up-down-right-left-OK control on the remote. Xfinity calls that the "directional pad" and the two terms are distinct.

2021 Streambar remote2021 Streambar remote

Fortunately, the "Left Arrow" does exist and is at the top of the Roku remote. Pressing the Left Arrow button displays a mini menu on the TV with choices like Browse, Search, and Account. The Left Arrow also functions to back up within the app. This is the only way I have found to exit live TV and return to a menu with other choices for viewing.

I have not fully explored the navigation possibilities, but the Xfinity app does indeed seem to work well with Roku and allow streaming Xfinity content with all the features the Roku device offers.

0 Kudos
shtrdave
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am having issues when I look at the channel line up on my one player if just shows a gray box with Currently unavailable. It seems to work on my other player though. I did see on Xfinity where it needed software 8.1 or higher I believe. It looks like mine is 10.1 when I try to install it won't leave me on that player.

Anyone have any other ideas. I tried unistalling and reinstalling but still the same.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@shtrdave 

Let's confirm what Roku OS you currently have. Yes, what you reported is a version that Xfinity says they support, but what you reported indicates a problem. Roku OS 11 has been released and some users have it already (I have it on one of my devices). The previous version was 10.5, and everyone was supposed to have been upgraded to that a few months back. The fact you're reporting 10.1 is very unusual and points to another problem. And perhaps that other problem is also preventing the app from properly operating.

First, please confirm your Roku model number and Roku Software version.
Settings > System > About

Try to force an update if you can.
Settings > System > Software update

If you don't have at least 10.5, that indicates there may be another issue that needs to be resolved.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
shtrdave
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I just saw the email notification.

I was mistaken on the software.
Model 4230X  Roku 3
Software 10.5 Build 4208-4

I have gone in and tried to update. It shows up to date.

I have unplugged and and restarted. I get a pop up saying an Micro SD card detected, would I like to format? I did that. Then when I was looking for the information aout software and such at the bottom it shows Micro SD  Not Installed.

So I really wasn't sure if there was one in it or not, I went and actually pulled it out to find a 32GB Micro SD. Put it back in and formatted.

I tell you all of this just for some extra information. Not sure if it is of any use or help with my issue.

Started with a Roku 2 XS then a couple years ago they said it was outdated. So I bought an Ultra. Not sure exactly which model, I know it is a square box and hooked via ethernet cable. In one room I have the ROKU 3 that is giving  me issue and in another there is a Premiere 4K it works with the Xfinity App, the Ultra works with  the app. The 3 not so well. So I don't think it is the app so much as an issue with the player.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@shtrdave 

Couple of things about microSD cards.

First, it won’t use more than 2 GB. That’s all the software is designed to handle for on-board app storage. Anything larger is a waste, and may cause issues as the device really isn’t designed to handle anything larger than 2 GB.

Next, a microSD card isn’t required. Apps will still load. It does nothing more than reducing how often it has to download apps.

Try actually removing the microSD card and running without it.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
shtrdave
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I will try that. I think I put it in right from the start, 5 or 6 years ago. Never had an issue until now.
Thank you for the suggestion.

0 Kudos
shtrdave
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I took the card out as suggested. It is the same thing only difference is some of the channels take longer to load.

I tried to send a support ticket in but it looks like Roku support is pretty much nonexistent for my issue or something. it tells me to ask the community because there is no support for my issue. 

I am not sure what the problem can be, it has to be the player or the version. It Xfinity works on my other 2 roku players.

0 Kudos