Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaimers1
Reel Rookie

Xfinity Beta app no longer supported

Jump to solution

4 days ago I spoke with xfinity and they said Roku pushed out a recent update that broke the ability to use the xfinity beta app.

I attempt to log into the app, it requires authorization from xfinity and then a screen displays that says currently, we cannot support your video service within the app but we’re working on it.

The app works fine on our smart tv, just none of our TVs via Roku.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Xfinity Beta app no longer supported

Jump to solution

Hi @Jaimers1 @luv2byte

Thanks for the posts.

Please be advised that channel logins or authentication are handled directly by the channel developer. We suggest reaching out or continuing to work with the channel's customer support team to report the issue and get help. They can resolve the error you are having with channel authorization.

You can contact Xfinity Support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
luv2byte

Jump to solution

Thank you! We've been trying for two days to figure out the issues we are having.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Jaimers1 @luv2byte

Thanks for the posts.

Please be advised that channel logins or authentication are handled directly by the channel developer. We suggest reaching out or continuing to work with the channel's customer support team to report the issue and get help. They can resolve the error you are having with channel authorization.

You can contact Xfinity Support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
FrustratedinDC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This may explain the problems we are suddenly having as well. We have been using Roku for a year to watch Xfinity and it has stopped working in the past few days. Did you fix the problem? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xfinity beta app. We have rebooted the Roku numerous times. But we simply cannot watch Xfinity any longer on our device. We might get a channel for a little while and then it will cut out and we could not get it back or we cannot get another channel. It’s very intermittent. This is very frustrating since you cannot talk to anyone at Roku. It is not an Xfinity problem!!! I can watch Xfinity just fine on my laptop and my phone. I am at wit’s end and I’m going to have to get rid of both of my Roku‘s and just have Xfinity come lay wire for cable. What a waste of money and energy. The Rokus have been frustrating from the start. 

0 Kudos
Jaimers1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It was resolved for us. What was occurring was that every time I tried to use xfinity via roku, my xfinity was continuously asking me to authenticate. I’d enter the code and the id get a message saying it wasn’t supported. 

I talked to Xfinity multiple times and they did say it was something on their end and they were working to resolve and to keep trying to log in! Unfortunately our issue was not intermittent so I don’t know if they are the same!

0 Kudos
stormy100

Jump to solution

im having the same problem! has anyone had it resolved?

0 Kudos
FrustratedinDC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes. I fixed the issue I was having by moving my modem closer to the TV. It hasn’t acted up since. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@stormy100

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What specific Roku model device are you using? Are you seeing an error message on screen?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fx1233

Jump to solution

I been having a similar problem with my express Roku and my Roku 4, but not with my Roku TLC tv.  Comcast could not help at all. They were baffled by it.  I attempt to sign in the tv gives me the code. I put on my phone it says success. Then suddenly it goes back the same screen thank you but you need a subscription to video streaming.  This happens over and over.  Can you help?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Fx1233

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the Roku model number of the devices you are trying to access the Xfinity Beta channel on? This information can be found in Settings > System > About.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos