Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bgbevan
Level 7

Xfinity Beta Skips to Other Channels

I have a newer Vizio TV with Roku built-in.  I have several other "dumb" TVs with Roku boxes and have used Roku for many years.  I use the Xfinity app a lot.  I prefer to use the lower channel numbers(2-15) on the guide because they mirror the channels available when using antenna TV.  Channel 2 on the Xfinity guide is the same as channel 2 on antenna TV.  Several times a day, when navigating Xfinity channel guide it skips to the equivalent broadcaster in the 10xx range.  Example:  Say I have selected channel 2, ABC, the app will skip to say channel 1006, ABC.  Now the only way to get back to the lower channels, it to hold down the arrow key and skip back to the original selection, channel 2, ABC.  But this take a couple of minutes to go back through the 900s, 800s, 700s, and so on.  I haven't tried this with a Roku box and a dumb TV.  Not sure who is responsible for fixing this?  Xfinity or Roku?  Do I need to report this to someone else?

[post moved to appropriate board]

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Xfinity Beta Skips to Other Channels

@bgbevan 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Xfinity support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Xfinity support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos