Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xcon21
Level 7

Re: Xfinity Beta App Issues

Jump to solution
I’m having the same issue with my xfinity beta app on my Roku 4K. It’s displaying an error code of (Error setDeviceProvision.11005) It happened to my in-laws last week and it’s still not fixed. I live in the Chicago land area. Does anyone have more info about this problem? I spoke with xfinity and Roku support last week for my in-laws with negative results (no help at all). They just blame each other for the problem.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Xcon21 

Thanks for reaching out. Are other channels (apps) working correctly on your Roku device? 

This is usually a good indicator to help you determine where the source of an issue may be coming from. Each channel provider develops and maintains their own channel on the Roku platform, including content management and delivery, authentication, etc. If you are experiencing an issue with one channel (app) that isn't occurring in other channels on your device, this is usually a good indication that there is an issue within that channel, or their services, that the channel provider will need to address.

I'd recommend following up with Xfinity customer support again to report the issue you're seeing an request additional support. In some cases they may need to review your account, your plan/service, login information etc. to ensure that it is configured properly in order to access their service. Incorrect account provisioning could lead to the type of error that you described. As a reminder, Xfinity requires that you use an Xfinity internet connection in order to stream their channel on a Roku device. 

You can reach them here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Scuttlebutt
Level 7

Jump to solution

other options are to hard reset the roku device, delete and re install the app, reset your router/modem. 

0 Kudos
Xcon21
Level 7

Jump to solution
That doesn’t work, but thanks
0 Kudos
Cirquerider
Level 7

Re: Xfinity buffering and stoppage

Jump to solution

I solved this problem by changing the Roku Video settings from Auto or 4000K at 30 FPS as supported by my TV, and setting video quality to 1080P.  Hopefully Xfinity will improve their program to work well with 4K resolution through Roku, but for now, this is the only work-around I have found that consistently works well.   It would be great if I could save multiple video profiles to make this easier, and allow Roku to use the Xfinity App, then work in 4K as expected with everything else. 

Note, I have plenty of bandwidth and am connected to Xfinity internet. I had tried reinstalling the app and other solutions suggested in this thread.  Changing video resolution to 1080P should work form most individuals experiencing the buffering problems with Xfinity App.

0 Kudos
Scuttlebutt
Level 7

Jump to solution

Are you hardwired to the TV? If not, The bandwidth you pay for, is rarely what you will get going wifi.   Either way, the lowest bandwidth internet Xfinity customer should be able to stream 4k in a few rooms at a time.

Couple of real easy possible fixes to try.

Delete and reinstall roku app.  

Restart the router. 

0 Kudos
Cirquerider
Level 7

Jump to solution
I have done both wireless and wired internet with Roku and Xfinity TV. The Xfinity app consistently fails in 4K resolution, but provides a HD image and sound when Roku is set to 1080 resolution. This work both hard-wired or wireless.
0 Kudos
Scuttlebutt
Level 7

Jump to solution

Have you come across this? https://support.roku.com/article/230317588-why-is-hdcp-2-2-important-to-playing-4k-ultra-hd-or-hdr-c...

Also, the older Roku devices can't do 4k. If it is a newer one, you should be fine. You can look for a system update in setting, but they usually do it themselves.

0 Kudos