Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
indiannecker
Level 7

Re: Xfinity Beta App Issues

Jump to solution

The router fixed it for me, thank you! I figured comcast were being comcast.

0 Kudos
aaronleetexas
Level 7

Jump to solution

i having trouble with my roku stick beta it will not connect it says a code i enter it on my computer and still doesnot work.

0 Kudos
MaryFranco
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @aaronleetexas,

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you'll want to contact Xfinity support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Xfinity Support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
lexman
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am trying to connect a 2nd TV to the Xfinity Stream Beta App.  What is a good and basic Roku device needed for this?

0 Kudos
drhenning53
Level 7

Jump to solution

Any ROKU supports the Xfinity Stream...   At home, you'll get all the channels the regular Xfinity box gets but save the money on the cost of a box..    One thing compared to an X1 device is you don't have the features  the X1 with access to sports scores, access to streaming services integrated ( though you don't need it on the ROKU since they have them all), and the info buttons...  Plus  you don't have the X1 accesses to your cable modem and other  Xfinity features.   One key advantage is not needing a cable outlet like the X1 devices need.

I have noticed it is a little behind due to streaming...

0 Kudos
lexman
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for the prompt response - this was very helpful.  The Xfinity help page indicates that only the following Roku models will work with the Xfinity Stream Beta app.  Not sure if this listing is up-to-date, but I was having troubles even finding these exact models on the Roku website.  For example, many of the Roku models end in R, but many of these listed on the Xfinity help page all end in X.

• Roku TVs: A000X, C000X, 5000X, 6000X, 7000X, 8000X
  • Roku Streaming Media Players:
    • Roku Ultra (4340X, 4660X)
    • Roku Express (3700X, 3900X) and Express+ (3710X, 3910X)
    • Roku Premiere (3920X, 4620X) and Premiere+ (3921X, 4630X)
    • Roku 2 (4210X only), Roku 3 and 4 (4200X, 4210X, 4230X, 4400X)
  • Roku Streaming Stick and Streaming Stick+: 3600X, 3800X, 3810X
  • Roku Sound Bar: 9100X
0 Kudos
drhenning53
Level 7

Jump to solution

I  have an old  Streaming Stick hooked up to my bedroom TV and it works fine..     by the way.. it does have the Info button..  never noticed.....

0 Kudos
Brentbrentj
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Streaming Stick+ in my bedroom, and it works fine.  I seem to recall some folks posting here who could not get their lower-model Roku add-on devices to work with the Xfinity Beta App.  The Streaming Stick+ has a remote which includes a microphone and mic button, so you can press that button and say what you want to play, which is nice.  My Sharp Roku TV in the kitchen does not even have that.  All in all, I prefer the Streaming Stick+ in the bedroom to the dedicated Roku TV in the kitchen.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1365501-REG/roku_3810r_streaming_stick.html

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

@lexman I'd say that supported player list is out of date. There are now 5 different versions of the Ultra, and all should be fine. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos