Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RaptorZ281
Level 7

Re: Xfinity Beta App Issues

Jump to solution

think it was just timing....b/c i only use chrome and i have the same message and it won't work

0 Kudos
Scuttlebutt
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have no problems with ROKU itself, But...

If you own a "TCL" branded ROKU TV, You purchased a hunk o junk! It won't make a difference how good the Beta App is, because the television itself has serious intermittent issues. 

I bought one too... Live and Learn.

Better to buy a nice LG or Samsung, and shove roku stick in it.

0 Kudos
Mdilli
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’ve tried telling them this and they told me to call Roku. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Mdilli wrote:

I’ve tried telling them this and they told me to call Roku. 

That's Xfinity blowing you off. It's their channel, Roku had no hand in its creation. They only provide the platform that it's used on . 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
DesertDreaming
Level 7

Jump to solution

If I have a an xfinity account with tv and wifi, and I travel with my Roku to another location (Spectrum Wifi) I will not be able to connect to my xfinity stream app. The app will only work if connected to an xfinity internet network.  

0 Kudos
Shaneve1
Level 7

Unable to connect to Xfinity beta stream

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Unable to connect to Xfinity beta stream

Jump to solution

@Shaneve1 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? 

Have you tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
2skaelin
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have been having issues for over a month. We have tried deleted the app on the roku, reinstalled, system update, reset to manufacture, restart modem.  Called comcast several times they can't solve. We have spent hours on the phone.  They supposedly escalated our issue twice now and told us comcast will call us back.  They have called but when I answer no one says anything, no music no nothing.  Useless!!  We go to sign in to the roku app on tv it asks us to go to xfinity.com authorize.  We do, put code in and on our phone it says success however tv says device can only access xfinity stream on your in home xfinity wifi.  Use app on phone, tablet, laptop.  Error-tvapp-0010.  I double check to make sure we are on our home wifi and not on xfinity wifi which we are connected to our home wifi.  Excellent strength.  We are beyond frustrated.  We do not have the time to be spending on calling.  We can sign into our tablet just fine we tried smartcasting however the audio lags and you have to keep pressing pause for it to catch up.  

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

@2skaelin wrote:

I have been having issues for over a month. We have tried deleted the app on the roku, reinstalled, system update, reset to manufacture, restart modem.  Called comcast several times they can't solve. We have spent hours on the phone.  They supposedly escalated our issue twice now and told us comcast will call us back.  They have called but when I answer no one says anything, no music no nothing.  Useless!!  We go to sign in to the roku app on tv it asks us to go to xfinity.com authorize.  We do, put code in and on our phone it says success however tv says device can only access xfinity stream on your in home xfinity wifi.  Use app on phone, tablet, laptop.  Error-tvapp-0010.  I double check to make sure we are on our home wifi and not on xfinity wifi which we are connected to our home wifi.  Excellent strength.  We are beyond frustrated.  We do not have the time to be spending on calling.  We can sign into our tablet just fine we tried smartcasting however the audio lags and you have to keep pressing pause for it to catch up.  

I completely understand your frustration. Comcast hasn't seemed to make any effort to improve this channel, and unfortunately they are the only ones that can resolve it. It's their channel and only they can make it work. Roku is only providing the platform for the channel, they don't have anything to do with creating or fixing 3rd party channels. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
DOKTX
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for this Mike57. It worked for us this morning. Back up and running within 5 minutes of finding this solution.

@Mike57 wrote:

Update (01/16/2020):  I solved this issue this morning by rebooting my router...uninstalling/reinstalling the Xfinity Beta app...then restarting my Roku and selecting the Xfinity beta app.  I was then directed to reauthorize my Roku...by going to xfinity.com/authorize...logging in and entering the on-screen code.   All good!  Thanks everyone!

0 Kudos