Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Xfinity Beta App Issues

Jump to solution

This worked for me as well. What was key though was re-booting the Xfinity Modem, not necessarily the router as that did not fix for me.  It’s key that you re-activate the Xfinity account through the xfinity site with the code as part of the process.  All other attempts without that step failed for me.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks!  Roku support should take a note, as should Xfinity.  I spent 3 hours chatting between the 2 of them today and they were beyond worthless.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Xfinity  customer service doesn’t know anything about the Roku app I have already talked to them

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Xfinity Beta app

Jump to solution

Is anyone else having issues with the Xfinity Beta app?  when I try to load any channel a blank screen just appears.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

can nolonger stream xfinity since Roku 3/23/2020 update

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: can nolonger stream xfinity since Roku 3/23/2020 update

Jump to solution

The fix described above worked for me on March 27 (for several days when trying to start the Xfinity Beta channel, it would stall at "initializing" and never open the channel.  Here is what I did:

1.  Uninstall the Xfinity Beta app from the Roku TV and turn it off.

2.  Unplug both modem and router, wait 20 seconds, plug them both in and let internet reconnect.

3.  Turn on Roku TV, install Xfinity Beta app.  It then required me to reauthorize my Roku by going to xfinity.com/authorize and entering the code that was on the TV screen.

This fixed it. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I tried this (sort of).  I uninstalled the xfinity stream beta app from all of the TVs.  I did a reset of the modem by holding in the reset button on the back.  Waited until it came back up.  Reinstalled the app on one of the tvs.  Still not working!!! I am now on hold with xfinity again for the 3rdtime in 2 days.  Should I have unplugged it?  Would that make a difference rather than just resetting?   All my other apps (Netflix, Prime video, etc.) are all working.  Please help!  I am beyond frustrated with this issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Uninstall app, unplug router and modem for 5 mins, plug both back in, and reinstall app. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks!  I will try again tomorrow.  I am beyond exhausted with this at this point in the day!!  I will let you know if this works...

Thanks again!

0 Kudos