Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leu1003
Level 7

Xfinity Beta App Issues

Jump to solution

I have been having this issue with the Xfinity Beta App for days now. I start the app in Roku, app say "initializing" then I get a black screen that says- Sorry! Something went wrong. Please try again later (Error).

I've deleted the application then restarted the device from Settings>System>System restart with no success.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Xfinity Beta App Issues

Jump to solution

Sorry to hear about the issue you're running into! 

As a reminder, the Xfinity Stream Beta channel requires you to use an Xfinity internet connection, and have a valid subscription that includes this service. If removing the channel, then restarting your device before adding the channel back again isn't clearing up the issue, please follow up with Xfinity directly to report the issue and request additional support. You can reach Xfinity Support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

@Misleo7 wrote:
I’m having the same issue. I called Xfinity and spent over an hour on the phone with them while trying to troubleshoot the problem. I was told to call or go online to Roku! Now you’re saying it’s Xfinity? The app works fine on my mobile devices, it’s my Roku devices it’s not working on.

Yes, it's Xfinity. They are the developers of the channel/app, and only they can resolve the issue. You can't compare the app on different devices, because they are all likely written in a different programming language. Roku absolutely uses a different language than an Android or iOS device, and even Windows or Linux. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

Well, they do call it Beta for a reason. You'll really have to contact them to see what's happening. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Sorry to hear about the issue you're running into! 

As a reminder, the Xfinity Stream Beta channel requires you to use an Xfinity internet connection, and have a valid subscription that includes this service. If removing the channel, then restarting your device before adding the channel back again isn't clearing up the issue, please follow up with Xfinity directly to report the issue and request additional support. You can reach Xfinity Support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Misleo7
Level 7

Jump to solution
I’m having the same issue. I called Xfinity and spent over an hour on the phone with them while trying to troubleshoot the problem. I was told to call or go online to Roku! Now you’re saying it’s Xfinity? The app works fine on my mobile devices, it’s my Roku devices it’s not working on.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

@Misleo7 wrote:

Yes, it's Xfinity. They are the developers of the channel/app, and only they can resolve the issue. You can't compare the app on different devices, because they are all likely written in a different programming language. Roku absolutely uses a different language than an Android or iOS device, and even Windows or Linux. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Banskojoe
Level 7

Xfinity buffering and stoppage

Jump to solution

This year I purchased a Roku 3920X and a new LG television.  Our multi-station Eero is about a year old.  We have Xfinity and use their DVR.  I can watch free Roku, Netiflix, Tubi etc without a problem.  Trying to watch live TV or watching DVR programs through the Xfinity app is impossible.  After a bit, the buffering starts and then typically degrades into a total lock.    The same effort in the same location with my iPhone is not a problem.  

Any suggestions please?

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Xfinity buffering and stoppage

Jump to solution

[post merged to already existing related thread]

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Try removing the Xfinity channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the Xfinity channel back once more. 

If you are still seeing the issue, please follow up with Xfinity directly to report the issue and request additional support. You can reach Xfinity Support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
alott11
Level 7

Jump to solution
I'm having the same issue
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@alott11  Thanks for the note! If the troubleshooting steps above aren't resolving the issue, you'll want to reach out to to Comcast Xfinity support directly to report the issue, and request additional support. Each channel (app) on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly. They'll be able to assist you further. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Xcon21
Level 7

Jump to solution
I’m having the same issue with my xfinity beta app on my Roku 4K. It’s displaying an error code of (Error setDeviceProvision.11005) It’s happened to my in-laws last week and it’s still not fixed. I live in the Chicago land area. Does anyone have more info about this problem? I spoke with xfinity and Roku support last week for my in-laws with negative results (no help at all). They just blame each other for the problem.
0 Kudos