Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buzzmunkey
Level 7

XUMO

Been a while since I have posted here.. Things been working pretty smoothly for whatever the reason.. But I do have a problem that I  have been putting off complaining about and that is the XUMO service.. I know a lot of people are going to say they either don't use it because it is a lot like Pluto so why have two almost identical services and you are right, they are almost identical, except they aren't.. XUMO is different in that it has a few more different channels and different programming, and my biggest problem is trying to set favorites up.. Now on the Pluto I finally figured out that you use a different email address every time you go to change you programming, it isn't a link to service, they don't care about linking to your roku, it is already linked to it.. They want a different email address every time you want to change your programming set up.. strange (or maybe it's just me, I can't get my email account to work on it two times in a row, strangely enough, but one I make up on the spot seems to work every time I do it that way.. anyway XUMO is extremely slow on every roku I have, (EXPRESS and PREMIERE) and in all honesty I have given up on it..  Thought I'd see if anyone else even cares about the service at all.. I don't see any entries, I am guessing no one uses it on the roku. I use it on the iphone as well as the samsung tv, and it works better on both of those so, I guess that is the way I will use XUMO until they figure out a better way to deliver their service on ROKU..  Anyway anyone else even bothers with this service and tries to set up a favorites list and has no problems at all, give me a shout out as it were..  
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Williamt100
Level 8

Re: XUMO

I like the channel and view it daily.
Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
buzzmunkey
Level 7

I like the service, don't get me wrong, it is just so immensely slow on the Roku boxes I have, changing channels from one to another can take a while, in fact I leave to go to the fridge and come back and it can still be trying to change channels..    I have got to think they are just trying your patience to see how badly you want one of the two or three channels that aren't on Pluto tv..  Wish they would fix it, but until they do (update) I will just not bother having it on my Roku's... 
0 Kudos
MWDXER
Level 10

I just compared XUMO with Pluto, and I don't find it loading that slow. It may be a hair behind Pluto, but not enough for me to pay attention to it. I like the line up on both Pluto and XUMO. Both great services and I like that they are totally free.
0 Kudos