Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

XUMO Roku app abends during load

XUMO Roku app was working, but now starts to load, then abends and closes.  Works fine as an Android app, both on my phone and Sony TV.  All software up to date on both my Roku Ultra boxes (latest Version 9.3.0 build 4170 on both, XUMO software was removed, system restarted, re-installed (Version 1 Build 15.42) with same result.

8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: XUMO Roku app not abends during load

Is there a code given for the abnormal ending, or does it just revert to the Roku Home Screen?

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Reverts back to Roku Home screen.  An error code would have been useful, but does not display one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Having the same issue on my Roku Ultra 4K box. Was working fine until 2 days ago. Emailed Xumo but haven't heard back from them. Roku customer service is completely useless also.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Having the same problem on my TV.  It won't load.  If I press the right arrow while it loads, I get a brief screen saying NBC is next up, but then reverts back to the xumo page.

Highlighted
Level 7

Same issue on hisense 4k roku tv for 3 days now, really messing with my this old house bing watching

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: XUMO Roku app abends during load

Seems to be working now.  I did, however, had to re-select my Favorites since I had uninstalled and re-installed during problem determination.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have an ASUS router, I have had issues with Pluto in the past (btw it stopped also) but never XUMO on my Roku. Same issue, starts to load a news channel and back to the home page while pluto loads the splash screen then goes blank.

I hooked up my old Dlink router and tried to load those two channel providers and both worked.

I logged back into the ASUS router and changed my DNS settings from "Connect to DNS Automatically" to "No" and entered Googles DNS Servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and voila both Pluto and XUMO are up and running.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for the reply.  I just waited for awhile and xumo seems to have fixed the problem.  The app loads ok now.

0 Kudos