Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

XFinity Stream App beta on Roku UltraLT 4662RW?

Jump to solution

Hello...

I’m looking to purchase a Roku device and need to have the Xfinity Stream App beta.  I’m interested in the Roku UltaLT model 4662RW.  Can anyone confirm if it works on this specific model?  

I tried looking up devices supported on Comcast, and it shows 4660 (or 4660X).  Does the ‘x’ mean anything in the 4660 range of numbers and therefore 4662?

Thanks in advance!

JR

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: XFinity Stream App beta on Roku UltraLT 4662RW?

Jump to solution

@RethaCarole 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Xfinity support directly to inquire further about the error code that you are experiencing. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Xfinity support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a Roku UltaLT model 4662RW and up until a week ago it worked perfectly. Now, it no longer works. I continue to receive an error message TVAPP-00101, telling me that I must be connected to my Xfinity home network.  Comcast has been unable to fix the issue and due to Corona, you can't even contact Roku.

Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks @RethaCarole for the response.   I hope you find a way to resolve your issue.

I'm still trying to figure out if I want to try a Roku or not.  The only other options I see would be to get a Samsung Smart TV, or just plain do without TV in other rooms where I have previously had TV.  I at least temporarily have Comcast/Xfinity boxes hooked up (took tech hours to even get those working here), but ultimately I'd like to get rid of them because they add too much money to my already ridiculously high bill.

Anyone else out there have luck working with the UltraLT 4662RW using the Xfinity Stream App Beta?

JR

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@RethaCarole 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Xfinity support directly to inquire further about the error code that you are experiencing. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Xfinity support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

@Possie I really loved it when it was working. But I'm very skeptical now. Not with Roku, but with the functionality of the Xfinity Stream app. Truth be told, I do have an old Roku Streaming Stick 3600RW that I got over a year ago on clearance for $20 that works perfectly. Xfinity really needs to get their act together especially since they will eventually charge a monthly fee for us to use our Roku devices instead of renting their boxes. 

0 Kudos