Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dewann98
Level 7

Wrong movies Black water and the Honey Mooners

I tried watching Black Water starring Juan Claude Vandamme and got a movie about an alligator trying to eat people. They have the Honey Mooners movie Starring Cedric the Entertainer up but it shows a 2003 movie called the honey mooners starring Jonathan Byrne.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DBDukes
Level 16

Re: Wrong movies Black water and the Honey Mooners

This is on what app? Netflix? Hulu? Amazon Prime Video? Which service exhibited this behavior? (That's kinda important to know.)

DBDukes
https://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
Scottm72
Level 7

Featured movie Black Water in Roku app on Roku TV play the wrong movie.

Wrong movie associated with Black Water title in Roku app. Played the movie and it's not even close.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Featured movie Black Water in Roku app on Roku TV play the wrong movie.

Hi @Scottm72,

Thanks for getting in contact about The Roku channel content issue.

We're aware of the issue and it's currently under investigation. Once they provide me with an update I'll be sure to let the Community know.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Dep33460
Level 7

It happened to me on the Roku Channel. Advertised the Van Damme “Black Water” movie but showed a different, terrible “Black Water” movie. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 16

Sure enough, the low-rated 2007 Australian film Black Water plays instead of the low-rated 2018 US film Black Water that is advertised.

Maybe @RokuDanny-R or @RokuMary-F can weigh in on it.

Roku should either fix the image/description to indicate the older film, or show the newer film that is advertised.

DBDukes
https://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

We appreciate your posts.

Thanks for getting in contact about The Roku channel content issue.

We're aware of the issue and it's currently under investigation. Once they provide me with an update I'll be sure to let the Community know.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
cookie111803
Level 7

Re: Featured movie Black Water in Roku app on Roku TV play the wrong movie.

I had the same issue with the same movie "Black Water", supposed to be with Jean Claude VanDamn and it played some Australlian Black Water movie instead.

0 Kudos
ServatyA
Level 7

Incorrect movie title displayed

I'm trying to watch the movie Black Water with Jean Claude Van Damme & Dolph Lundgren but instead I get a movie based in Australia about 3 people stuck in a tree hiding from crocodiles.

0 Kudos