Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lexi0526

Wrong movie (with the same title) plays

I’m trying to watch the movie called “Descent” on the Roku Channel. The thumbnail, description, and actors all indicate that it should be the movie starring Luke Perry. This movie is supposed to be PG and family friendly. (https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0437152/)

However when selecting the movie another movie called “The Descent” actually plays which is a British Horror Film that is rated R. Needless to say it’s not a great movie to watch with my 10 year old. (https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0435625/)

It appears both movies are from 2005 and with such similar names I’m guessing this was a mistake. However I’m hoping that either the right movie can play, or the description can be corrected so no one else has to explain a gruesome death to their 10 year unexpectedly. 

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Wrong movie (with the same title) plays

@Lexi0526

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you are experiencing.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rdsx45l

there are two movies named Blackwater, one from 2007 and one from 2018.  Both titles play the same movie (blackwater 2007).

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Rdsx45l

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are seeing? What channel are these movies found?

With more information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KimJim777
Reel Rookie

You've had the movie called Funny Farm with Chevy Chase (1983) listed on the Roku Channel for over a month now, the artwork is correct, but when you click on the movie, it's some boring documentary about the dull lives of comedians striving to succeed at a comedy club in LA?

Link: Funny Farm 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KimJim777,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

We have included many updates and fixes in our latest 10.0 software release that we believe should resolve this issue.

Please perform a system update by going to Settings > System > System Update and verify if this issue is now resolved under OS 10.0.

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team in further investigating this problem.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GSW11

The same thing is happening with my Roku channel. I wanted to watch the 1996 adaptation of Jane Eyre starring William Hurt, Charlotte Gainsberg and John Plowright. It shows the correct thumbnail and all the correct information, however it plays a completely different version than what I wanted to watch. The 1996 version is my favorite and I was really looking forward to watching it and really disappointed at this funky glitch that the Roku channel has going on right now. I’m just gonna rent it on prime instead.

0 Kudos
HelloAll

You beat me to it. I noticed the same thing and was trying to let the movie posting people know. Roku hides their support emails very well. It is the cover for a Chevy Chase movie (Funny Farm) that is laughs and it plays some stupid stand up comedy movie from around the same time with the same name. Just trying to help them out. Whoever uploaded it to the Roku Channel probably had a good night the day before.

0 Kudos
juggler13

Here is another incorrect movie that plays. When trying to watch "The Zone" (https://therokuchannel.roku.com/details/bc4e700fefdb59c2a0c154dc90d5b037/the-zone) it keeps playing the surfing movie of the same name.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@juggler13

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns and the information you have provided to the appropriate Roku team to investigate.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos