Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dtakah

Wrong movie plays The Suspect

Jump to solution

I went to play a movie on the roku channel called the suspect from 2103 with sterling k brown. The description for it actor info and picture all display for this movie but when I played the movie it wasn’t this movie. It opened up a movie from Showbox and the movie also called the suspect played which was a korean film from 2014 and not the one I was trying to watch or described. 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Wrong movie plays Shattered

Jump to solution

@Trebor 

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team to investigate this issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Wrong movie plays What if

Jump to solution

@Ctrap

Thanks for the post.

If the content that is being displayed is not correct on that channel, you would need to contact the channel provider for further assistance. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
28 REPLIES 28
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Wrong movie plays The Suspect

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know about the crossed wires here! We'll share this report with our team so they can take a closer look and help get things sorted out. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
saturnsc2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I got the same problem actually I ran into this several times with wrong listings.  I searched for a 1991 move Shattered with Tom Berenger.  when I click on the movie to play it, the pic of the movie is correct but it plays a 2017 movie with the same name what's up with this?  will someone fix this?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@saturnsc2

Thanks for the note.

How are you searching for the movie Shattered?

What channel are you trying to the movie through? Can you provide us with screenshots to show what behavior you are seeing?

Please keep us posted so we can take a look further into this issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
saturnsc2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

when I search for shattered by either typing it in or using the voice control remote the search results bring up 3 movies with the same name.  the first one is a 2019 movie about war, the second one is a 2017 movie which looks like some kind of love story (UGH!) & then the movie i'm trying to watch is a 1991 movie shattered with Tom Berenger.  when I click on the 1991 movie it brings up another screen which shows the movie description & pics & then what channels it's on.  all the info there is correct.  there's 3 free channels it's supposed to play on, Drama Movies Fawsome tv, Thriller Movies Fawsome tv, & then Fawsome tv Movies.  there's other channels which i have to pay for, but i'm, trying to use the free channels obviously first.  when I click on any of those channels it plays the 2017 shattered movie which s another movie & not the same.  the listings on roku have many errors.  this does the same thing on the roku box on the downstairs tv as well.....

I had the same issues with another move a while ago which I don't remember the name though...

the thread starter here seems to have the same issues i'm having....

0 Kudos
Trebor

Jump to solution

I've had this as well.  On The Roku Channel in the UK and under the scifi category was a film called Survivor 1999 (picture and description are for this film) - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0187534/ - but instead I'm getting Survivor 1998 - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0157079/.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Trebor 

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team to investigate this issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Katgv
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

this same problem happens with the Movie Split with James MacAvoy 2016, comes up with a different movie......  Also I was following Snatched 2017 with Goldie Haun and it came up National Lampoons Snatched 2011, It happens a lot if you are following movies.   There Must be a way to differentiate them Maybe the year ????? it's really annoying. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Trebor 

Thanks for your patience regarding the issue you are experiencing.

I have been informed that this issue should be resolved, can you please verify that you are able to view the content?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Katgv 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? What channel are you trying to watching this content on? What specific titles are you having these issues with?

With more information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos