Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XperiencedV
Level 7

Wrong Geolocation

For some reason, I am no longer recieving my local news networks. For example, using the NBC app I was trying to watch my local news. I am located in Indiana, but it keeps showing me a St. Louis area NBC affiliate. I tried checking the ip address, and it is still set up for Indiana. So I am very frustrated, any help or ideas would be awesome!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
scarycatlady
Level 7

Re: Wrong Geolocation

I am having the same issue. I am in Iowa, but it thinks I am in Arizona and I am getting Phoenix local channels instead of my own. Did you ever resolve this and if so, How?  I have my correct information in my roku account. this started a couple of days ago. 

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 10

The original poster only posted that one post a month ago and is gone most likely.

Are you using a router?

You need to determine your IP address.

I think you should contact your internet provider and tell them you want a local IP address. Its easier that way. They probably did something screwy like change your DNS server.

If you are using a VPN that could also be the problem.

But they will help you Im sure.

If not Let us know.

0 Kudos
scarycatlady
Level 7

I did contact them. They were not helpful at all and told me the problem was with the roku. It is very frustrating.
0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 10

Well what channels are you trying to get?

Like Local news and stations?

It might be easier to use a digital antenna and just switch over when wanted on the tv.

Its kinda technical to get a new IP address which is what you need most likely.

I use an antenna occasionally. They have indoor and outdoor.

0 Kudos