Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GrandpaR
Level 7

Wrong Content - Survivor playing wrong movie

Incorrect Content - Roku is incorrectly showing Survivor:
1) On the main/preview/selection screens, it shows Survivor (2014) www.imdb.com/title/tt3297792 (During their search for a habitable planet the last living humans crash-land on a barren world, inhabited by bloodthirsty aliens and mysterious post-apocalyptic warriors.)
2) On the detail/play screen, it shows either the above or the picture of Survivor (2015) www.imdb.com/title/tt3247714 with the above description.
3) But what actually plays is Lone Survivor (2013) www.imdb.com/title/tt1091191 (Marcus Luttrell and his team set out on a mission to capture or kill notorious Taliban leader Ahmad Shah, in late June 2005.)

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Wrong Content - Survivor playing wrong movie

What channel is this happening with?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
GrandpaR
Level 7

It's under movies. It can be found in various selections: Action, etc.

0 Kudos
atc98092

That doesn't help. When you go from the Roku home screen, what channel are you opening? 

Dan

0 Kudos
GrandpaR
Level 7

Roku Channel.

Sorry, I usually only watch Roku Channel and Peacock. It's the Roku Channel on my Roku Express. I wasn't thinking of Roku being a channel; thinking more of how they have Comedies, Action, Drama, etc., But next time on I saw that Roku on Roku is called a channel, so I assume that's what you meant. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Yes, that is what was needed. @RokuDanny-R can now forward that to the proper technicians to troubleshoot the problem. 

Roku uses the term "channel" where others use "apps", but it's the same thing. Does get a touch confusing sometimes. Smiley Wink

Dan

0 Kudos
GrandpaR
Level 7

Screenshot_20210901-2100 Survivor 2014 21.png

Screenshot_20210901-21015othet survivor 5.png

Screenshot_20210901-2100 Survivor 2014 21.png

0 Kudos
GrandpaR
Level 7

Screen shots from phone, above. Top and bottom pic show what was selected to play on the Roku Channel - "Survivor" (2014) [trying to get a shot that showed Play on Roku at the bottom].

Middle shot is what actually plays. As you may be able to tell, it's a middle east war movie (see earlier posts for title), not a space movie.

Middle war movie incorrectly plays on mobile as well as on my Roku Express, where I first discovered the issue.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@GrandpaR

Thanks for the detailed information.

I have passed along your concerns and the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos