Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fred13069
Level 7

Would a new player help

I'm v frustrated that I can't figure out who to call or where to go. I just want to buy CBS all access and play prograns via my Roku on my TV. I initially bought a Roku H 2500x and Netflix several years ago. Also then bought Amazon prime. I noticed that the Roku search feature doesn't work any more. Nothing shows up when I search. No results no matter what I enter. I signed up for CBS all a itccess and I can play it on my cell and on my tablet ( androids) but it won't play on Roku/Amazon link. When I choose the program it says "content unavailable". I've gone to the Roku channel store but am unable to add or remove anything. I get "try later". I've rebooted everything, I'm using a router w a strong signal. Internet in solid also. Everywhere I search can't find a person to talk w and nothing on this site or any site. Not sure I'll be able to find the response to this ask once I submit it. Will buying newer Roku fix all this?? Any knowledge suggestion would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: Would a new player help

That's a very old Roku.. I'd definitely suggest replacing it if for nothing else than regaining your sanity. That player has to be running at a crawl with the current Roku OS.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Level 9

I still have 2 working Roku HD 2500X models and they run pretty slow but still do what you need them to do for the most part you just have to be patient waiting for things to load up. The good thing about it is you aren't forced to upgrade to the terrible new Netflix channel and these old players are the only ones I'll watch Netflix on at all.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

"Emissary35" wrote:
I still have 2 working Roku HD 2500X models and they run pretty slow but still do what you need them to do for the most part you just have to be patient waiting for things to load up. The good thing about it is you aren't forced to upgrade to the terrible new Netflix channel and these old players are the only ones I'll watch Netflix on at all.

The Netflix channel is (in my humble opinion!) the absolute only reason to use something that old. YouTube is useless on my 2 XS (3100), and it's about 1/3 more powerful than the 2500. And there are of course a number of other channels that won't even load on something that old. 
My 7 year old Panasonic plasma still has the old Netflix interface as well, but we never use it because even with the auto-play annoyance of the latest version, I still prefer using the latest version on my Roku. The old one is just too slow. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Fred13069
Level 7

Tx for quick response. Sounds like a new Roku is a good idea. Any suggestions on which one? One goal is to cut the cords w cable and satellites. TX again.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
andyross
Level 11

"Fred13069" wrote:
Tx for quick response. Sounds like a new Roku is a good idea. Any suggestions on which one? One goal is to cut the cords w cable and satellites. TX again.

All of the current models appear to use the same processor, so are about the same speed. The Express models have less memory (both RAM and Flash) so may need to re-download channels if you have a huge number. Otherwise, it's the features you desire for the selection. For a basic TV, the plain Express is fine and cheap. I have one in the bedroom, and it's just as fast as my slightly older Roku 4 on the main TV.
0 Kudos
Fred13069
Level 7

TX v much from a retired submarine sailor.
0 Kudos