Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kamnet
Level 7

World of Slots installed & rated itself.

Just letting the community know that at 11:25 PM EDT on July 12, 2021, suspicious activity took place on my account. My ONN TV woke itself up, installed the World of Slots app, rated itself, and then uninstalled. 

Upon reviewing my account, I found that I was using a very old, weak password and I did not have PIN set up as required before installing apps. This has now been corrected (along with removing billing information for an outdated card). 

I don't have any other info as to who did this or why. Just reporting it for others to know. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: World of Slots installed & rated itself.

Appreciate the heads up and notification.  Looks like you took appropriate steps.  Also change your wifi password if you haven't already.  The Roku environment is a very well closed down system so I wouldn't be overly concerned, unless you see repeated activity. 

No kids using the Roku remote app to prank you, or accidently connected to your tv?  (Sometimes adults count as kids also.)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Kamnet 

In addition to what @AvsGunnar suggested, log in to your Roku account (you changed your password already) at https://my.roku.com/ and scroll all the way down. Do you see any devices you don't recognize?

I suggest that because while someone can add an app via the Website, they can't rate the app that way. If they had a Roku on that account, they could. So, check for Roku devices on the account. 

Who knows? It may trigger something that explains it all.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Kamnet
Level 7

I've got two other circa 2011 Rokus on my account, but they're sitting in a storage bin. Nobody else around to run pranks. 

0 Kudos
renojim

Do you have any Roku-related app on your phone?

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos