Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Workaround for HBO Max

How is this a work around for hbomax??? This gives you hbo which is not the problem. Weird that this post is called hbomax work around when it's not...post should be deleted as it's click bait for those looking for an actual solution.

Highlighted
Level 21

@jtoddmac wrote:

How is this a work around for hbomax??? This gives you hbo which is not the problem. Weird that this post is called hbomax work around when it's not...post should be deleted as it's click bait for those looking for an actual solution.

Early on in this thread there were workarounds. No, there's no way to get HBO Max natively on a Roku device. You have to screen share it from a compatible device or connect your computer to your TV via HDMI. These are workarounds, just not very satisfactory ones. 

Unfortunately, some users here just add fud to the discussion and have now pushed it to 28 pages of mostly complaining or inaccurate information. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 7

I wish people would stop finding ways to let Roku off the hook for the lack of HBOMAX on their devices. It is pure greed that keeps Roku from providing it. But there is a healthy scoop of stupidity on their part too. They currently have about 42% of the streaming device market and they are going to lose ground with people like me who have retired their Roku devices to the junk drawer. I now use a different platform to stream. I won’t name the one I switched to because that would look like I’m advertising for it. But the bottom line is that Roku don’t give a **bleep** about their customers’ desires. 

Highlighted
Level 8

I get what you're saying. You're absolutely right. I guess it's just that I was already doing this using my PlayStation and didn't consider it a workaround for roku itself, just a way to do it on any tv with an hdmi connection. I'm just being overly critical I guess. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

OMG YES!!!!!! I refuse to go through roku and pay them a fee just to get HBOMax and then not be able to download it! Smfh. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU on Hulu

@codybellahauser wrote:

if you have HULU add it to your plan and you dont have to dump your Roku, you can access HBO max for the same price through the website or HULU. Just saying look for a work around before you throw something away just because you can't find or fix the problem immediately! I i have the disney+ Hulu ESPN + no add subscription and HBO Max on my Roku all because I have HULU I was able to watch all of the above and not have to buy a new device! I pay $33.00 all together for all 4 streaming services 

Not true. Paying for HBO Max on Hulu  is a scam and both companies should be sued for promoting HBO Max on Hulu. 

On HBOs own website they tell you that HBO Max content is ONLY on the HBO App. 

Once you add HBO Max, you can stream all of HBO Max using the HBO Max app and stream all of HBO using the Hulu app.”

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Ya this guy must work for hbo/hulu or just thinks he's getting hbomax content through hulu which as was stated, is not true. I'd you don't believe it just try to watch Raised by Wolves...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Some idiot thinks they're brilliant in delaying this so they can sell access to older content later once they make it available.

All they're really doing is fueling piracy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU

True you can get Hbomax on Hulu, but the only thing is you cannot access all the show's and movies they have on the Hbomax itself 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU

@lamo668 wrote:

True you can get Hbomax on Hulu, but the only thing is you cannot access all the show's and movies they have on the Hbomax itself 

While you can use your HBO Max subscription with Hulu, you are not getting HBO Max. You are getting plain HBO. So no, you can't "get" HBO Max on Hulu.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos