Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Apple TV supports HBO Max

If it sounds like I'm angry about this it is because I am. Roku has decided to use the fact that I (and many others) use their device as leverage to secure more revenue rather than providing me the service I was expecting when I choose Roku, so yeah I feel used.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: ALTERNATE SOLUTION Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU on Hulu

@cdjcasting My roku tv already comes with screen mirroring and the quality is not great, also the audio goes in and out a lot. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU on Hulu

Danny....Roku will lose the HBO customers. Nobody is cancelling HBO out of loyalty to your device.

Highlighted

Actually many people aren’t signing up for HBOMax due to it not being available on Roku and Amazon.  Look at the numbers AT&T released last week.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I'm talking about all the people who have subscriptions already, either standalone or bundled in their cable packages. Are they just gonna forget they pay $15/mo for HBO? Are they gonna decide to stop watching HBO shows they like? No. They'll buy a new device that gives them access to all the channels they already use.

Highlighted

I won't and many others won't either.  Even AT&T isn't really happy that only 4.1 million customers are using HBO Max:

https://www.cnet.com/news/hbo-max-hit-4-1-million-sign-ups-subscribers-in-its-first-month/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

So you're still talking about something else. I don't care about HBO Max. I don't care about new signups or migrations. I care about HBO -- which I pay for, and which I will no longer be able to watch via my Roku device. I can't use the HBO NOW app; the HBO GO app is going away; and there's no HBO MAX app.

Are you currently paying for HBO? Are you going to continue paying for HBO while not using it? Or are you going to cancel because your device doesn't support it anymore? Or will you buy another device? I'm willing to wager more people will go for option C. Option D, of course, is to wait a little longer and hope they can iron out their differences. But this is looking like a pattern w/ Roku, so maybe just jump ship now....

Highlighted

The HBO Go app is going away and the HBO Now app will be named HBO.  You will continue to get HBO but not HBO Max:

https://www.cnet.com/news/hbo-max-hbo-go-hbo-now-roku-amazon-fire-tv-ending/

For the record I get HBO through my cable provider, 1 premium channel is included with my package.  I had planned to switch to Showtime and get HBO Max with discounted offer before the launch, I changed my mind after I saw no Roku or Amazon Fire apps.

You had stated no one will drop HBO over this dispute, I was pointing out that some will....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I have stated in two posts that you can watch HBO max on Roku using Playon. You don't need Hulu; create a computer login to HBO Max and use that login for the Playon HBO max plugin. My cable provider is COX Cable and it works for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Do you have an estimated time for HBO Max to be accessible through Roku?

0 Kudos