Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU

SO WHAT , U CAN  ACCESS THAT THROW UTUBE TV 2...most the people included me ...SINGED UP FOR AN YEAR for HBOMAX for deal $12.99 a month ON LINE ,  and i  dont want to get involved with another provider to get HBOMAX       

Highlighted
Level 7

HBO Now already had access to Game of Thrones and Westworld. I canceled HBO Now and subscribed to HBO Max via Hulu and there was no benefit. In fact, it was worse because Hulu's interface is inferior to HBO's. 

When I tried to find Looney Tunes on HBO Max via Hulu, it said it's only available via Hulu Live TV ($40/mo). So apparently HBO Max is not really an on-demand channel and the only way my family can watch Looney Tunes is if we pay for a live TV service that has HBO Max as an add-on. The HBO Max add-on with regular Hulu does NOT have Looney Tunes or Animaniacs - those are only available via live TV.

If I'm mistaken, please provide clear steps to access ALL of the HBO Max content via Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Until the deal is made and the app is released this is a great work around, does not matter how u signed up for hbo max, through hulu or online, download hbo max to some device, tablet, smart phone, pc or laptop, on roku goto system, screen mirroring, now u can cast all hbo max content from the other device on a large screen.... not to bad considering it wont be long before the deal is made and the app is launched on roku... happy viewing...

Highlighted

Spectrum is offering HBO Max for free if they’re your cable provider.  Could that be why they’re having issues?  Just a thought

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

HBO max on hulu is pretty much the same thing as hbo now/go tho, I find it a lot easier to use then the the hulu add on. if you are already paying for hbo or hbo max you can just use the hbo now app on roku. I have been screen mirroring hbo max app from my phone also but that is a pain in the ass.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

@MrsSimons wrote:

If I'm mistaken, please provide clear steps to access ALL of the HBO Max content via Roku.

The original poster has done a disservice to everyone who has read this thread. You CAN NOT access the Max content that is on HBO Max on a Roku device. Yes, you can subscribe to it through your HULU account. Log in from a web browser with your HULU credentials and you will see all of HBO Max content. Access HBO through your HULU account on a Roku device and all you will get is the HBO linear channel content (Westworld, Game of Thrones, etc.) You will not find the Max content (Friends, The Big Bang Theory, Looney Tunes, etc.) on a Roku device through HULU. The only way to view Max content is to install the standalone HBO Max app, which is not available on Roku while they still negotiate revenue sharing terms.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | Fire TV Stick 4K
Highlighted
Level 7

Unfortunately not all Hulu plans will allow that. I have Spotify with free Hulu and no add ons allowed. None, not just HBO Max. Roku and HBO need to work together not expecting their customers to find their own workarounds. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same price? Show me a link to where I can get HBO Max for $11.99/month through Hulu... You can't, so you're wrong. 

Highlighted
Level 7

HBO Max is available via Hulu on Roku but NOT ALL HBO MAX CHANNELS.  I guarantee you cannot watch FRIENDS or other HBO Max channels on Hulu via Roku.  It's limited.  I believe it's the same content as HBO Now.

Highlighted
Level 9

So what,  U CAN DO IT throw  UTUBE TV  for a month now, i don't wanna go throw providers, that's why i CUT THE CORD for,    BUT gonna wait till ROKU brings the APP in ...i am sure gonna be very soon!