Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU

HAHAHAHA U guys still ion this HBOMAX **bleep**???

get a $50 Chromecast TV like most people did included me  & bye bye to Roku & Fire ..U can get HBOMAX with it, voice assistance , lots the good ole feathers plus  Dolby vision Atmo/4K/HDR 10+  a lot better an ROKU & FIRE ..in feathers & quality ...F this mumbo jumbo **bleep** u guys talking about  still!  

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU

I got a system update on my 2019 Ultra today.  Version 9.4.0 build 4183.  It now has Airplay video.  Streaming the HBO Max iPad app to my Roku works great!  Huge kudos to Roku for implementing this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Workaround for HBO Max

This did not work for me. Any updates?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Remember it doesn’t get you Max, just Hbo on demand like we had before with hbo go. You’re the first that says it didn’t work. Make sure it works on your tablet or computer, make sure you set a password as there is not one by default.  Then use that username and password on the hbo now app for Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Getting HBO Max ap to work

I had exactly the same experience.  I subscribed to Hbo Max on Hulu so I could watch Raised by Wolves.  But it isn't available on Hulu's Hbo Max channel.  How come?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Because the HBO execs are stupid.

Peacock is now on Roku... they figured it out. HBO is just dumb.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

@Margrave wrote:

Because the HBO execs are stupid.

Peacock is now on Roku... they figured it out. HBO is just dumb.

Or rather, Peacock/NBCUniversal caved to Roku's demands. You act like it's just the content provider that holds this stuff up when that's simply not the case.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

HBO Max pretty much sucks anyway. Raised by Wolves is all it's good for. I actually ended up getting a new TV a week ago that has HBO max on it and finally was able to access it through my Hulu subscription that I was fooled into getting thinking I would get max through Hulu. What I did accomplish through that deal was saving $3.99 a month for a year on HBO. I was paying $14.99 for hbo now Hulu HBO max deal for $11.99. 

It was worth the change.

HBO execs suck and HBO Max sucks. 

Raised by Wolves does not suck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Okay but what if I don’t have cable 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

You don't need cable.  If you connect a computer or a tablet or a phone up to your TV - whatever TV it is, you can stream HBO Max.  Either use the App on your phone / tablet or via the Web on a computer.

0 Kudos