Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Workaround for HBO Max

U can't do this when your provider isn't listed when you're using this method. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU

For now what I do is login to HBO Max on my MacBook and connect my Mac via hdmi to my Roku tv and that’s it. I have a 2020 MacBook Pro which is 4K. My 65 inch TCL Roku tv is also 4K thus via HDMI I am watching HBO Max at its highest resolution. Pretty easy to do and a great alternative until Roku is finally able to offer the HBO Max app on its tv’s. This is the best work around from what I’ve seen. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I just refuse to pay for HBO Max. Way easier than trying to find a work around to fix problem from executives trying to fight over who gets the next yacht!

Idiots.

Highlighted
Level 8

Thx, yeah it seems simple if you own Apple PC, phone or the Google Chrome cast device. I'm okay with not giving HBO my money. Max only has 1 show (Raised by Wolves) at the moment that I'd like to see. I do appreciate the work around. How do you like that 65" 4k Roku TV? 

Highlighted
Level 8

You can do this with any computer that you can connect to your Roku TV (or any TV for that matter) that can run a web browser.  Windows or Linux will work just as well as an Apple product.  Still annoying that there's no native Roku app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

My tv is amazing tbh. It’s a TCL Roku 4K tv. It’s a great tv and value as opposed to an over priced Samsung which barely has apps. TCL is going to be one the house hold names in the near future but that will increase prices so I am happy to own one now. Definitely a quality product 

Highlighted
Level 21

Windows 10 laptops can screen share with Roku devices quite well. You don't have to string an HDMI cable from the laptop to the TV. You use the Project function, then select other wireless devices. Note that it works just fine if the computer and Roku are both wired to your network. It has to be a computer with a wireless card though. That's why you can't do it from a desktop PC, unless of course it too has a wireless card.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

This doesn’t works!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

And yet it does

@Mwilliamson wrote:

This doesn’t works!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have a note 10 plus. I have found that it has a feature that can your your television as a computer screen call dex. Your able to use your phone apps on the screen natively. It doesn't drain your battery. 

0 Kudos