Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Workaround for HBO Max

I have HBO Max via my cable provider, but cannot access it on my Roku. Luckily I still had my old Google Chromecast in a drawer so I got it out & plugged it in to cast HBO Max via the HBO Max App on my phone or tablet. It works. Supposedly you can mirror your screen using the Roku stick but that didn't work so right now Google Chromecast it is. 

Highlighted
Level 21

@GrandmaDi wrote:

I have HBO Max via my cable provider, but cannot access it on my Roku. Luckily I still had my old Google Chromecast in a drawer so I got it out & plugged it in to cast HBO Max via the HBO Max App on my phone or tablet. It works. Supposedly you can mirror your screen using the Roku stick but that didn't work so right now Google Chromecast it is. 

Screen mirroring to a Roku works in two ways. One is a Windows 10 laptop, and the other is using an Android device (phone or tablet). A Windows 10 desktop might also work if the PC has a wireless adapter. You cannot screen mirror any iOS device at this time. There was talk about Roku supporting Air Play 2, but nothing has happened yet. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Getting HBO Max ap to work

You still have to have the HBO Max app to watch the additional content offered. As we know, it's not currently offered by Roku. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have been casting it to my tv via Roku which is not great. Still waiting 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

You can also connect a computer to your roku tv and use the hbomax website via a browser.  ridiculous that hbo and roku haven't worked this out yet tho.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU on Hulu

But it doesnt have all the hbo max content

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

This is one reason im switching back to android phone just so i can cast to my roku tv

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

You can't just create a new account. It asks you to sign in to your provider. Once you do, you're in your existing account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU on Hulu

Hope you realized by now that you can only access HBO content doing this but not HBO Max content.

0 Kudos