Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Getting HBO Max ap to work

@Peanut1099 wrote:

how do you cast it to your roku?

Windows 10 laptops can screen mirror to a Roku, as well as Android devices. iOS devices don't support it, although there are some claims to newer apps now offering it. Roku has talked about supporting AirPlay 2, but so far it hasn't happened. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks, I’m casting it with Chromecast now but I’d like to have Roku just create a Peacock app like they have with so many other streaming apps. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

@RevKev155372 wrote:

Thanks, I’m casting it with Chromecast now but I’d like to have Roku just create a Peacock app like they have with so many other streaming apps. 

Roku doesn't create the apps. The service does and then provides it to Roku. Peacock and HBO Max have apps ready, but can't come to an agreement with Roku, so they are withholding the apps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Makes sense, thanks for info.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Workaround for HBO Max

This is not a workaround for HBO MAX.   Try again

Highlighted

@Mooj wrote:

Hmm. Interesting. I've been using the free trial of HBO max for now and was considering adding it to my current Hulu account. I thought it was all available on Hulu. That not being the case, do I get access to the HBO max app as well?

Hbo max app is not on Roku App yet! Hulus HBOMax is just the HBO you would get with the Cable package! Peacock and HBOMax and Roku its about money! Cable affiliated apps are greedy! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I see the show “Raised by Wolves” on my Roku Ultra in my You Tube TV app. 
I went to YouTube tv app. Selected “Home”

scrolled down to bottom to networks. Scrolled right to HBO Max. Then clicked in Raised by wolves and added to library. 

im sure it won’t actually record but they must me close. I subscribed to HBO max through utube tv 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks. I wish YouTube TV had Peacock.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hulu has only HBO's channel content.  If you want access to the Max originals, DC, etc., you will need either an android TV, Xbox one, or ps4 and download the HBO Max app and sign in using your Hulu credentials.  Alternatively you can download the app to your phone and cast it to your television also. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Is it possible to subscribe to Max for the $11.99 deal they are offering right now, and using the Max login, use it to access the available HBO app on the roku? I assume the answer is no, and I understand that if I can, I'll only have access to regular HBO.

Thoughts?

0 Kudos