Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SaritaWRX
Level 7

Re: Workaround for HBO Max

Jump to solution

You are making your users lose out on content we pay for with not being able to “reach a deal” with the HBO Max app.I didn’t want Roku to begin with and now I’m seriously regretting giving it a chance. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU

Jump to solution

@lauraborealis wrote:

Hello vinny07 level 8 what is this airplay. You speak of? That's great for me or someone technically adept. My dad is completely snail mail and type your own letters kinda guy. So just to be able to add the hbo max channel to the roku channel menu is what needs to happen. There are movies and shows on max that are not available on reg hbo app. So let me know what you think

AirPlay is a function built into iOS devices (iPhone and iPad, along with Mac computers) that works similar to Chromecast, or Miracast screen sharing, in that you can send video and audio from your iOS device to the screen. Not all Roku devices support AirPlay, so you need to confirm yours supports it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Copastic
Level 8

Jump to solution

If you have a Roku Ultra or a newer Roku soundbar, you should find the Apple airplay functionality in the Roku settings. Because I don't even know what TV's support HBO Max (just bought brand new 55" LG but no HBO Max) so I'm looking for the cheapest Apple tablet I can find (I need a new PC /Tablet anyway but if I could order a new Xbox Series S or X, then HBO Max will be available & my commitment to Roku will be OVER! I'm just one customer whose been cable free using Roku for a decade. It's kind of pathetic that one app (HBO Max) might bring an end to Roku!  They have 65" TCL OLED TV's w/ 120hz refresh rate selling for $550 and the prices just keep dropping. Greedy corporations can all go pound sand! 

Heavy210
Level 9

Jump to solution

Copastic
Level 8 It's really kinda hard to agree with you and your statement about one app bringing roku to an end. (HBOMAX) with all that is going on with Roku and HBO Max. This is still been one of roku's most successful years. It's public information.Screenshot_20201215-052251.png

Anotheryou
Level 9

Jump to solution

One app is not going to bring an end to Roku! Hahaha. There are 46 million Roku users and soon enough they will come to an agreement and everyone will forget about this. It's funny how many people are blaming Roku and not HBO/Warner Media. Seems like they are both at fault here.

And you shoulda bought a Samsung TV. It comes with HBO Max. 

Just do the many workarounds or be patient. 

I love my 3 Roku players!

Heavy210
Level 9

Jump to solution

Yup!! Roku gang!! 60-in tcl roku and two roku express+ we do it big in texas!! .lol jk

vinnyv07
Level 9

Jump to solution

Exactly!! Both companies are at fault here. Greed is showing big. I bought a cheap Firestick for $17.99 and I’m ready for Wonder Woman 1984. I expect that both companies will come to an agreement in the next week before WW is released. Too much to lose not to get a deal done on both sides. 

painkiller68
Level 9

Jump to solution

Looks like they settled it finally.   It will be available tomorrow.

https://blog.roku.com/hbo-max

0 Kudos
Heavy210
Level 9

Jump to solution

Wow looks like it's true. Tomorrow will be the first day of HBOMAX being available on roku!!

Anotheryou
Level 9

Jump to solution

Wow! Awesome! This is great because I can't stand using my Samsung TV menu and apps where my hbo max app currently is. Roku menu is so much more user friendly. 

0 Kudos