Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Workaround for HBO Max

Jump to solution

Yes. Roku devices are worthless if you want to see HBO Max or Peacock.

Don't buy them anymore, and don't tell anyone else to buy them either!

That cheap Google Chromecast might be the best solution now since the corporate suits can't decide who gets to get our money more. Which one of them needs a new yacht! Screw 'em all. Just pirate it all at this point. If they don't want to let us pay to see it then they leave us no other choice.

It's by their hands this must be done. Greedy fools.

Re: Getting HBO Max ap to work

Jump to solution

If you have a gaming device? Xbox one and what not ? Use your hulu info on the HBO Max app. Like choosing cable providers! Hulu is on the list and HBO Max is the one advertised not the hbo on Hulu! Hbo Max is not on Hulu ! App needs to be added to Roku! 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I don't have Xbox or Hulu. If there's something I need to see, particularly on a full-sized screen, I'll use the HBO Max app on my phone and cast it to my Roku device. 

Level 7

Jump to solution

It's pretty simple really, just don't give them your money. I don't.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Seems to me Roku is just like the cable I cut. I switched to apps to have more control over choices, and that’s pretty much gone now. Time to find a new device or TV. Seems drastic in the short run, but this is just the writing on the wall. The recent Peacock and HBO Max feels a lot like what happened to cable providers. Seems unnecessary to stick to a service/device that can’t deliver. 

Level 12

Jump to solution

@Pearlc950 wrote:

Seems to me Roku is just like the cable I cut. I switched to apps to have more control over choices, and that’s pretty much gone now. Time to find a new device or TV. Seems drastic in the short run, but this is just the writing on the wall. The recent Peacock and HBO Max feels a lot like what happened to cable providers. Seems unnecessary to stick to a service/device that can’t deliver. 

It's not Roku, it's WarnerMedia and Comcast, who actually are the cable you cut.

Level 7

Jump to solution

no it's not ... you use your Hulu credentials on the HBO app which is currently not on Roku so you have to watch it on your computer device or phone ... I think that is deceitful on Hulu's end since the whole reason to subscribe to it is to watch it on the TV screen. grrr

Level 7

Jump to solution

how do you cast it to your roku?

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU

Jump to solution

RATS! I came here specifically to see if anyone had full access through Hulu... Just wow, what would even be the point... ugh!

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

This work around for HBO  won’t work as ROKU no where has any PEACOCK app.

thanks any way

0 Kudos