Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boone210
Level 7

Re: Workaround for HBO Max

Jump to solution

What? That's just way too many unnecessary steps. Assuming you already had and were watching hbo now on ur roku, then u simply continue doing that..? Lol. No need roe for all the extra steps u posted 

0 Kudos
Lis517
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you, thank you, a million thank yous... If only I had seen your post BEFORE spending 3 hours on the phone with clueless AT&T representatives!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Iggytheknight
Level 7

Jump to solution

Poop

0 Kudos
bknabe
Level 12

Jump to solution

@Lis517 wrote:

Thank you, thank you, a million thank yous... If only I had seen your post BEFORE spending 3 hours on the phone with clueless AT&T representatives!!!!!!!

Not clueless. Probably under instruction not to help with Roku devices. ATT has zero interest in you getting setup with HBO on your Roku in any form. It weakens ATT's bargaining position.

0 Kudos
bknabe
Level 12

Re: Getting HBO Max ap to work

Jump to solution

@Jennifer50 wrote:

HBO Max and Roku are still duking it out to include the HBO Max app, Peacock and others. Only way to get around it is to make your voice be heard! I contact them once a week. Smiley Wink 

I get my account free with Internet, so I can't cancel, so HBO doesn't give a rats a** if I'm unhappy. I show as a subscriber no matter what. I'd be shooting myself in the foot to switch to another Internet provider just because of HBO Max.

0 Kudos
joelfinkle
Level 8

Re: Getting HBO Max ap to work

Jump to solution

More corporate excuses

https://popculture.com/streaming/news/roku-founder-reveals-why-hbo-max-peacock-arent-available/

I really don't want it through the Roku channel, I subscribe separately.

Anotheryou
Level 9

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU on Hulu

Jump to solution

But on Hulu you only get HBO content. You don't get HBO max content. At the moment there is no way to access HBO max content on Roku. Hulu is deceptive by telling us we get HBO max but we can't access the "Max" content. Try to watch Raised By Wolves on Roku.

0 Kudos
MaraVR
Level 7

Jump to solution

How is this a workaround for HBO Max on Roku if it doesn't have Max content?

BruceBass
Level 7

Jump to solution

So you can't get HBO MAX programs anyway ???

0 Kudos
Margrave
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes. Roku devices are worthless if you want to see HBO Max or Peacock.

Don't buy them anymore, and don't tell anyone else to buy them either!

That cheap Google Chromecast might be the best solution now since the corporate suits can't decide who gets to get our money more. Which one of them needs a new yacht! Screw 'em all. Just pirate it all at this point. If they don't want to let us pay to see it then they leave us no other choice.

It's by their hands this must be done. Greedy fools.