Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU on Hulu

@Paulita wrote:

Do you have an estimated time for HBO Max to be accessible through Roku?

This isn't entirely up to Roku ..  They don't create these apps..  HBO's side creates the HBO Max app.. and they apparently claimed they have one ready to go for Roku.. but they have a disagreement with Roku that has to be solved before they'll release it .. 

So you can't JUST vent at Roku.. you should also be venting to HBO.. I would suggest that people who don't want to use the playon workaround a couple of us have mentioned many times in this thread.. that they also complain to HBO and tell them you won't subscribe until it's available on Roku.. 

The playon method gives it to you 100% but it will cost you .. and you'd need a computer to act as a media server, but for me it's a flawless HD experience and I get all of the max features.. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

@raz0669 wrote:

The only problem is people who sign in with their cable subscribers have no way of logging into HBO through your offered solutions. Cable login or not an option on HBONOW,  Hulu, or your new HBO Roku service option. Not fair to those whom use this option. Thanks for being selfish in your decisions.

There's no difference.. You have to go to hbomax.com and link your provider to an hbomax.com account.. THEN you have to set a password for your hbomax.com login in your account settings, by default it isn't set .. 

ONCE you do that.. it's no different.. you can use your hbomax.com login and password regardless of your provider with any app that supports it .. in my case.. I use Playon media server with the Playon roku plugin.. I configure the playon hbo max plugin with my hbomax.com credentials.. and bam.. it works perfectly..

To my knowledge this is the only way to get the full HBO max experience on Roku until HBO Max decides to release an official channel for Roku.. they developed one.. but not released it.. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: ALTERNATE SOLUTION Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU on Hulu

@cdjcasting wrote:

Use the app: AirBeamTV 'Mirror for Roku' version. It's a one time purchase, then you login to HBOMax or any channel that isn't available on Roku, click 'start mirroring' and it immediately shares your screen and audio of your device (laptop, iPad, or phone). Really great, reliable, and easy to use! 

That is wonky at best.. it kind of works.. but it's flaky..

I use a media server with an hbo max plugin that works, I then add that media server's channel to my roku and then I have everything.. no mirroring involved.. and as a bonus I can record content.. saves on my PC where the media server runs.. I believe it has mac and pc versions now.. ( Playon ) .. there may be others.. but AirBeam may work ok for some people .. it was glitchy for me .. I just like having full control with my roku remote rather than beaming content

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Sure- I can buy HBO for $15/mo via the Roku channel, but I'm already paying for HBO through my AT&T TV Now Streaming service package.  How do I stream what I'm already paying for?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

@morey000 wrote:

Sure- I can buy HBO for $15/mo via the Roku channel, but I'm already paying for HBO through my AT&T TV Now Streaming service package.  How do I stream what I'm already paying for?

Until Roku and HBO work out their differences and HBO publishes a channel for Roku, you have limited options.. one option is Playon Media Server if you have a computer to run it on.. you can add their HBO Max channel and then you can add the Playon channel to your Roku.. that's how I do it.. 

Highlighted
Level 8

I am forced to use Roku but can't get a channel I am already paying for

I am forced to use Roku to receive my streaming Spectrum service. I am already paying to get HBO through Spectrum but I cannot get HBOMAX on Roku. Now I'm being told HBO NOW, which is on Roku, is being discontinued. I just want to get a service I am paying for, please Roku add this to your streaming app channels.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

@morey000 wrote:

Why can't you use the HBO Now app?  That's what I use...

0 Kudos
Level 8

@tribecos wrote:

@morey000 wrote:

Why can't you use the HBO Now app?  That's what I use...

Because the HBO Now app isn't available for Roku.  (I can use it on my mac, iphone, pc... just not on my TV which uses a Roku stick.)

I presume that HBO is going to work this out with Amazon (firestick) and Roku- which together, represent 70% of the streaming devices in use.  There are billions of dollars at stake here- and all the companies are playing chicken.  Right now- it's probably worth more money to HBO than to amazon/roku... so, they're going to need to pay.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

@morey000 HBO Now is on roku, i am on the app right now. HBO MAX is the only HBO app missing from Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

You can get the app and sign in with no extra fees on PlayStation.  PlayStation up graded the HBO NOW app to HBO MAX a few months ago. Again all you have to do is upgrade the app and it will become HBO MAX then sign in with your regular email and password

0 Kudos