Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU on Hulu

There's a 98% chance that "Danny" is an automated robot, so I wouldn't raise my stress level too high over the post.

Highlighted
Level 12

@AppleTV wrote:

There's a 98% chance that "Danny" is an automated robot, so I wouldn't raise my stress level too high over the post.

I'm not really angry, just surprised at the lousy response. But bot algorithms are a lot better than this now, so either it's a live person or I'm offended that they didn't spend more money on a better bot. :^)

Highlighted
Level 9

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU

@AppleTV wrote:

What part of "you get both TV and streaming with a TV subscription" are you too small-brained to understand? Is "superset" too big a word for you?

Sleepy Joe Biden, is that you?  What part of I can still watch everything I normally would without paying additional; money are YOU too small-brained or too old to understand?  I was originally offended for you when SirOssis called you a boomer, but, well...

You get NOTHING more than I do, and you could put your social security check to better use. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I’m with Jeff! 

They must reach an agreement soon! 

I have hbo max all by it’s self at a lower than normal rate as an introductory rate for a year. Hopefully they will work it out during that time. Until that happens our family is going to watch hbo regular on our roku and max on our computer and phones. 

Bert 

Highlighted
Level 9

I can't understand it for you. Hard to believe people this dense are walking free.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Do you plan on adding HBOMax?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Read these articles to get a better understanding of why you can't get Peacock or HBO Max on Roku:

https://www.techhive.com/article/3568168/rokus-neutral-platform-days-are-over.html

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/hbo-max-peacock-roku-amazon-streaming-1234703977/

“We are a neutral OTT platform, making us an attractive partner,” Roku told shareholders last year. “We do not focus on competing with content publishers on our platform, but instead, look to partner with publishers to build their audiences and maximize our mutual success."

It’s an image that Roku’s been shattering lately as it butts heads with publishers like AT&T’s WarnerMedia and Comcast’s NBCUniversal. HBO Max remains unavailable on Roku nearly two months after launch, and NBCUniversal launched Peacock without Roku support last week.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

If you have an Xbox you can get HBOMax because it is one of the apps. You have to have your phone to sign in because you have to input a code. It’s a bit confusing but it works fine for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

"Read these articles to get a better understanding of why you can't get Peacock or HBO Max on Roku:

https://www.techhive.com/article/3568168/rokus-neutral-platform-days-are-over.html

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/hbo-max-peacock-roku-amazon-streaming-1234703977/

“We are a neutral OTT platform, making us an attractive partner,” Roku told shareholders last year. “We do not focus on competing with content publishers on our platform, but instead, look to partner with publishers to build their audiences and maximize our mutual success."

It’s an image that Roku’s been shattering lately as it butts heads with publishers like AT&T’s WarnerMedia and Comcast’s NBCUniversal. HBO Max remains unavailable on Roku nearly two months after launch, and NBCUniversal launched Peacock without Roku support last week."

One of those is clearly an opinion piece but why do you care?  I thought you stopped using Roku and switched to a NVIDIA TV device...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Sorry about feeling so strongly about it.... I've been a Roku customer since the beginning 2009 and have always said to everyone that would listen "Roku doesn't sell anything other than the hardware so they will always have the most to offer".... this is a sad day for me to see them going down this path.... I have 4 Roku devices and 1 Roku TCL TV this is company I believed in for this reason.

I don't understand people that think this is "OK".... there is nothing "OK" about this change in the companies direction.... I don't see how this benefits it's customers....