Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU

@AppleTV wrote:

You're the one who doesn't understand. I have everything you do plus more. Streaming is a subset of TV + streaming, so there's no case to be made that streaming only is better. The benefits bandwidth usage are probably beyond the scope of this sort of forum.

My point is that if you already have TV, buying the HBO TV package is better than buying the streaming package, because it's a superset of the streaming package. You don't have that option.

I understand perfectly, but that's cool.  Enjoy your "superset" of the streaming package, whatever that means.  I can watch everything you can watch on your multiple HBO channels without having to wait for them to air.  You have no additional benefit except that you pay more than me, but some folks have money to waste.  Enjoy your monthly fees for renting your equipment.  I don't want the option to pay more money.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I'll keep the Roku, throw away the HBO subscription!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Is this guy REALY trying to say the Subscripting to a cable \ satellite company and subscribing to HBO is better?!?!?

OK Boomer... 1980's called and wants your cable boxes back....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

I just said screw it and bought a chromecast i'm sick of roku's **bleep**.

Highlighted
Level 7

What about people who have HBO cable subscriptions but no HULU subscription?  This seems to be poorly thought out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

What part of "you get both TV and streaming with a TV subscription" are you too small-brained to understand? Is "superset" too big a word for you?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU on Hulu

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your posts.

Please be aware that HBO Max is currently not available on the Roku platform.

For more information visit www.hbomax.com and subscribe to the latest channel updates at http://blog.roku.com. To access HBO, go to HBO on The Roku Channel or visit the Roku Channel Store to download HBO NOW.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 8

"Please be aware that HBO Max is currently not available on the Roku platform."

I'm pretty sure that we all knew this already, that is why there's a 29 page thread about HBO Max not being available on Roku.

"To access HBO, go to HBO on The Roku Channel or visit the Roku Channel Store to download HBO NOW."

I know that HBO Go is being discontinued on the 31st, I believe the same is true about HBO Now. So, unless Roku is getting off their fanny and making HBO Max available before the 31st, this advice isn't really helpful, now is it?

Highlighted
Level 8

Danny,

Thanks for replying on the forum  I appreciate that Roku has Customer Service people assigned to address forum issues.   Points to the company there.

However, with the first hit on Google search for “HBO MAX ROKU” STILL being the headline of this thread, the explanation of that on page 20-what? Of the forum is like a water pistol to a five alarm fire.   Still bait and switch, loosely.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your posts.

Please be aware that HBO Max is currently not available on the Roku platform.

For more information visit www.hbomax.com and subscribe to the latest channel updates at http://blog.roku.com. To access HBO, go to HBO on The Roku Channel or visit the Roku Channel Store to download HBO NOW.

Thanks,
Danny

As I said in another forum: 

You do realize that your solution is restating the problem?

Calling this a solution actually vindicates all the people who have been complaining about Roku's failure to inform the customers what is going on, or at least acknowledge our pain. And kind of makes those of us who have been even slightly defending you look like dupes or shills. Good job, you alienate your detractors and defenders in a single post.