Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU

Yes you can access HBO max through hulu but not all shows and movies are available. The Big a bang Theory is just one example.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Please Read: HBO Max & Peacock can't be accessed on your ROKU

@shadowplay0918 wrote:

ROKU is not making money and they can't continue to lose money long term.  Those who are complaining about ROKU what is your solution? 

Roku's net losses are increasing but their revenue and earnings went up significantly, which means that they're spending too much money to be profitable. That's their fault, not AT&T's or Comcast's. They also used to be debt free but have racked up $100 million in debt over the last year by "investing" in this Roku Channel ecosystem. They could easily be profitable if they would stop spending so much money trying to center their entire enterprise around the Roku Channel, potentially losing AT&T/Warners/HBO, Comcast/Universal, and probably soon Viacom/CBS apps in the process.

Amazon can afford to fight the gatekeeper fight (especially since their users can sideload the disputed apps so these fights won't lose many customers). Since Roku doesn't support sideloading, they really can't do this for very long without losing a lot of money and customers. Roku doesn't seem to understand that they can't survive or make money if they alienate every major content provider except Netflix and Disney (and maybe they'll tick off them too) and all they have in their precious Roku Channel is B-movies from the 1950s and reruns of Petticoat Junction.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

The hbo on Hulu don’t have dc content., the hbo max do . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

This is wrong. Feels like it was written by a marketing bot, maybe.

I’m sure most people have figured that out by now. But since it shows up on top of search...you only get HBO content through Hulu, no matter what they call it. Only place to get the HBO Max content is the HBO max app and that’s still not available on Roku, as of  7.16.20

Highlighted
Level 8

Good workaround, but does not help those who use HBO GO, unfortunately...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I canceled hbo max through Hulu because I did NOT get ALL of the content that’s in the hbo max app on my phone that’s ridiculous if I’m going to pay an extra 15$ for Hulu w/hbo max I want all of the content!

Highlighted
Level 7

Same.., the only problem I had was hbo max can’t play on Roku. But today I found out you can play it with a ps4 on your tv 

Highlighted
Level 7

What if your Disney+ subscription has a different sign in then HBO Max?  Will it still work?  D

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

HBO max can't be accessed through Hulu. the HBO Max add on gives you access to the HBO max app. You go to providers on HBO max website enter Hulu as your provider and enter your Hulu username and password,but on the Hulu app you will only have the HBO now content not HBO Max. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

"I would dump HBO before I dumped my Roku"

Good for you, do you want a cookie?

I paid for my Roku. I pay for HBO. I should be able to watch any **bleep** thing I like on the device I paid for.

0 Kudos