Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: HBO Max issue SOLVED!!!!

HBO totally botched the launch.  No 4K, little new product, and no contracts in place with Roku or Amazon.  Whoever's in charge should be fired.  I subscribed with the introductory offer of $11.95/month but I can't watch it on Roku.  I just cancelled.  When they get it together, I will resubscribe either with Roku or with YouTube TV.  

Highlighted
Level 9

Very **bleep** rollout.  Not on two of the biggest services, and I did the same as you, subbed abd turned right around and dropped it  Once they finish arguing and show up on Roku, they have me back

@Beaudreau wrote:

HBO totally botched the launch.  No 4K, little new product, and no contracts in place with Roku or Amazon.  Whoever's in charge should be fired.  I subscribed with the introductory offer of $11.95/month but I can't watch it on Roku.  I just cancelled.  When they get it together, I will resubscribe either with Roku or with YouTube TV.  

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I tried this, but I couldn’t access everything that’s offered through the hbo Max app, like the studio ghibli content Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Level 12

I would say HBO is being greedy. They think they have the same value as Disney+, Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu. They don't. I didn't even realize HBO Max was coming until I logged into my ATT account and saw that I get HBO Max free because of my Internet account. I started hearing rumors about Disney+ almost a year ahead, and at this point there's no way HBO Max can be compared to Disney+, let alone Netflix or Hulu. The smart thing to do would be consolidate all content under HBO Max (right now it's not), take a slightly lesser deal, and promote like crazy so when renewal time rolls around you actually have a bargaining position. If I didn't get it free I wouldn't even be thinking about HBO Max. I like having access to all the Harry Potter movies, the original Scooby Doo, Where Are You? and a few other things, but there is not enough there to replace Netflix or Hulu, and definitely not enough to justify adding another $15 streaming service.

I've said it before, HBO Max needs Roku a lot more than Roku needs HBO Max.

Highlighted
Level 7

No you can not. Please quit saying that

Highlighted
Level 9

I didnt the same thing for $11.95 & have ROKU for few years now & loving it , BUT still using my HBONOW....HBOMAX is just got bunch  the old movies &  sitcom's we already saw years ago or  when we grew up  NOTHING really new yet & no 4K either as u  saying  ...so i keep it going with HBONOW on ROKU   such as having that for couple years ^ paying $12 instead $15...till HBO get their Sh**t together with AMAZON & ROKU then i changed it up ...in mean time happy with my  good ole HBOWNOW   

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Via hulu you only get the HBO content- not all the “extra” stuff they added to the catalog via licensing. Not a true workaround. 

Highlighted
Level 7

I have 4 ROKU TVs and I can get MAX through Direct TV.  Unless you did not catch Harry Potter, Friends or the Sopranos 10 years ago or through Netflix.. this app offers nothing new.

Highlighted

You’d be missing their “maxx originals” now and future, as well as anything in the new licensed content that may be of interest.
0 Kudos