Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
morenlucky
Reel Rookie

Wondrium: Very slow - Get a coffee

Jump to solution

We have Wondrium (Great Courses Plus) on one Roku as a different TV Input, and it works okay. Our problem is on the Samsung smartTV. The Roku is plugged into the Smart Bar so it appears in our Streaming/Channel options along the bottom of the Home screen.

The Wondrium channel icon appears and we can select it. From then on, it is oh so very slow. Once we get to a course we wish to watch, the speed isn't too bad and it is fine once the course class starts.

After doing all the Restarts and unplug/plug protocols, we are wondering if the problem could be that we have only a Basic Roku (B-stock --- Model 2720X).

Open to suggestions.

thanks and stay safe, len

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
morenlucky
Reel Rookie

Re: Wondrium: Very slow - Get a coffee

Jump to solution

When we press the Home button on the Samsung remote, we then move Left/Right to click on the Roku channel.

When we do that, we either get the Roku home screen (with Wondrium visible) or we get the Wondrium screen as seen on the Roku i.e. asking us if we want to Go To the Channel. the difference depends on what we were watching and how we left the Roku. that isn't an issue.

To address your second point: After making this post, I ordered the Roku Stick and am looking forward to much faster streaming.

len

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@morenlucky 

Just want to be clear about one thing. You said...

@morenlucky wrote:

... The Roku is plugged into the Smart Bar so it appears in our Streaming/Channel options along the bottom of the Home screen.

The Wondrium channel icon appears and we can select it. ...

Just verifying you mean that the Wondrium Channel icon is on the Roku menu after you move your input to the HDMI to which the Roku is connected. Is that correct? Or does the Wondrium Channel icon show directly on the Samsung menu?

Apart from that, the Roku 2 model 2720 is an ancient device, and not supported by some apps. Amazon is dropping support for that device in November, for instance. Some others already don't support it. The fact that it is installed on the Roku 2 (2720) means they do support that device, but quite frankly, plan on replacing that device in the near future. It was introduced in 2013 (8 years ago this month) and discontinued in 2015 (over 6 years ago). Maybe not what you want to hear, but I'm give you the facts. Use it while you can, but be prepared to replace it.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
morenlucky
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When we press the Home button on the Samsung remote, we then move Left/Right to click on the Roku channel.

When we do that, we either get the Roku home screen (with Wondrium visible) or we get the Wondrium screen as seen on the Roku i.e. asking us if we want to Go To the Channel. the difference depends on what we were watching and how we left the Roku. that isn't an issue.

To address your second point: After making this post, I ordered the Roku Stick and am looking forward to much faster streaming.

len

0 Kudos
morenlucky
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I clicked on the Check Mark, but I can't give you any KUDOS - I get the Cirle with a line through it.

Sorry.

0 Kudos